Description of App:
Plex for iOS brings the power of Plex to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. With Plex, you can stream your music, videos and photos from your home computers running Plex Media Server (available from http://www.plexapp.com/) and access content from a wide range of channels. Channels are available for apps like Aperture, iTunes and iPhoto, or online services like YouTube, Vimeo and Revision3. There's also a remote control feature for Plex Media Center. Additionally, you can sign up for the myPlex service, which lets you connect to servers shared with you by your friends, queue videos from your web browser to watch later, and connect to your Plex Media Server at home wherever you are in the world via Wi-Fi or a celluar connection, with no configuration necessary! Plex Media Server streams your media directly from your computer, so there's no need to convert before viewing. Plex is smart, too - if your media isn't already in a format your device can play, it'll convert it on-the-fly. Limitations:
- DRM-protected content (TV shows, movies and older music tracks from the iTunes store) is not supported.
- ISO images are not supported.
- VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
- A Mac running OS X 10.6 or later, a PC running Windows XP or later (Windows Vista or Windows 7 recommended), or an Intel machine running Linux.
- In order to transcode to 720p (for the iPad and iPhone 4), you need at least a 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo processor. For 1080p content (for the iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad with Retina Display (3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 4S and iPhone 5) at least a 2.4GHz Core i5 or Core i7 processor is recommended.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
At this time, the app is partially accessible. There are times when you have to turn voice over off and tap around to open sections of your library, which is a pain at first, but gets easier with practice. I've contacted the developers, and they seam very willing to work on fixing the accessibility issues, so hopefully we'll be seeing a fix soon.
Despite the accessibility issues, I love the app. It works well, and the server is very easy to set up and configure on any opperating system.