Description of App:
Barclays Pingit. The easy way to send money using just a mobile number.Barclays Pingit is an easy way to send and receive money using your UK mobile phone. The app is free to download and use*, payments are secure and it takes seconds for money to arrive.If you have a Barclays current account, you can use the Barclays Pingit app to send and receive money. If you bank elsewhere, you can register online at www.barclays.co.uk/pingit to receive payments. Soon anyone with a UK current account will be able to use the app to send money too, subject to meeting the criteria below.You need a UK registered mobile number and must be a UK resident aged 18 or above to send or receive money.Sending moneyYou can send up to £300 a day to family, friends and small businesses using just a mobile number, as long as you have a UK Barclays current account. Soon everybody will be able to use Barclays Pingit to send money even if their current account is with another UK bank.Receive moneyAnyone with a UK current account can register to receive payments, so you don’t have to share your bank details when asking someone to send you money. If you don’t have a Barclays current account or simply want to receive payments from other Barclays Pingit users, you just need to register online at www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.It's even easier to find our branches and ATMsThe Barclays Pingit app also lets you find your nearest Barclays ATM or branch and, if you're a Barclays current account customer, you can view the balance of your linked account.* Business customers on certain tariffs will be charged for transactionsTerms and conditions apply (http://www.barclays.co.uk/pingit/terms). You must have a UK current account, be a UK resident and aged 18 or above. We can refuse to register you for Barclays Pingit if you fail to meet required criteria. Other things you need to know
- The app works on IOS 4.2 and above.
- Only one mobile number can be linked – if others can give instructions on your account (e.g. a joint or business account) make sure they are happy for you to register
- Before sending money, please check with the recipient they are happy for you to give Barclays their mobile number.
- When you receive money through Barclays Pingit, your full registered name will be made visible to the sender of the payment
- If your current account is with another UK bank (and it’s enabled for Faster Payments), you can register online to only receive payments
- Payments in Sterling to UK mobile numbers only from £1-£300 a day (subject to available funds). You can only receive up to £5000 a day from other users.
- If you have any pending receipts, you must register within 24 hours or these will be cancelled.
- You may be charged by your service provider for mobile or internet use
- We’ll use your information as set out in our terms and conditions
Copyright © Barclays 2012. All rights reserved. Barclays Pingit is a trademark of Barclays Bank PLC.Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Registered No 1026167. Registered Office: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.