Description of App:
Now available on iPhone AND iPad!Pocket MUD Pro is the fastest and most feature-rich MUD client on the iPhone! Not only does it beautifully render MUD text with full ANSI color support, it also has all of the features of a full blown desktop MUD client.Here are just some of the major features included with Pocket MUD Pro.
- Support for all orientations
- Full ANSI color support
- Dedicated prompt
- Zoomable Text View
- Perfect rendering of MUD text (check out the maps)
- Very fast
- Hides Telnet codes from the user (unlike every other MUD client)
- Autoconnect on startup
- List of MUDS
- Favorite List
- Unlimited Command history
- Quickly cycle through command history
- Triggers using the lua scripting language
- Text Command Alias
- Lua scripted aliases
- Timer Support
- Background support. Stay connected for up to 10 minutes after you close the application.
- Support for multiple commands separated by semicolons
- Comes packed with a list of some of the most popular muds
- In-App Documentation of triggers and aliases
- Ability to play sounds when triggers fire
- Ability to gag extraneous text, which is extremely helpful for visually impaired players.
- Customizable buttons to send commands or run lua code
- Dedicated send button preventing the keyboard from dismissing
- Client-Side Text wrapping
- Customizable health/mana/etc bars
Full documentation can be found at http://brandontreb.com/apps/pocket-mud-pro/pocketmud-docs.htmlIf you have issues with a specific MUD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work towards a solution.Happy MUDing!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This app works great with voiceover, at the bottom of the screen you can either hide or show the keyboard to type the commands, when you touch the upper part of the screen you will be able to hear the text that the mud is displaying and when your focus is in this part of the screen everytime a new text comes in vo will read it automaticaly. there are a lot of muds available to choose from and you can easily add new ones. I have used a bluetooth keyboard to play the muds and its perfect!
I have tried the TMC app and although its usable this one is much more recommended, with all these features you have the same functionality of a full mud client in the palm of your hand. The only issue i had with the app was related to accents, Im from Brazil and the accents aren't working, but for english muds there are no problems at all.