Tooth Camp: Brushing Assistant
Description of App
FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF A TUBE OF TOOTHPASTE YOU GET:
- A virtual Drill Instructor who will guide, motivate, and entertain you whilst you brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes. He'll also shout at you if you look at him wrong.
- Save big money (hopefully) on dental fees by ensuring that you maintain good oral health. Of course you'll spend more money on toothbrushes as they'll wear out quicker, but it's a small price to pay to avoid the dreaded drill.
- Drill instructor to motivate you through your tooth brushing experience, including tips on good oral health, and comments about your mumma.
- Countdown timer that can be set to 2, 3, 4 or, for the truly obsessive, 5 minutes
- Divide tooth brushing routine into 4 quadrants (As that's how many you have, duh).
- Choose the order you brush those quadrants, or, if you like to live on the wild side, have them randomly selected.
- Schedule reminders for when you want to brush your teeth (Forgetful people with devices running iOS 4 Only)
- Play/pause by shaking device (What you do in your own time is your business).
- Use headset remote control to play/pause/rewind (This is actually quite a good idea, especially in a bathroom of warranty voiding water).
- Supports iPhone 4 Retina Display (To be fair, you won't be doing a lot of watching the screen, but at least if you do, it will look pretty).
WHAT DOES THE APP ACTUALLY DO?
It's all about the audio: your Drill Instructor will talk your way through brushing your teeth, and my word, you'd better listen, or he'll be VERY disappointed with you.
There is an animation to show you which quadrant you should be brushing, but in reality you are better off plugging in your headphones, putting your device in your pocket, starting the app with your in-line remote, and let your Drill Instructor guide you through your brushing routine.
DOES THE APP SUPPORT MULTI-TASKING?
It does, but the app pauses if you minimise it. This is because the Drill Instructor insists that you focus all of your attention on brushing your teeth, NOT on updating your Facebook status.
DOES IT WORK?
I've got one of those fancy electric tooth-brushes that vibrates every 30 seconds to tell you to move to the next quadrant in your mouth. Before Tooth Camp, I used to get bored and stop before the 2 minutes were up, but now I'll happily brush for 3 minutes and my mouth feels great afterwards!
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: This application is fully accessible. On the top right is the Play button. The different tabs can be changed from the buttons placed at the bottom. The tabs are Tooth camp, Settings, Shared, and About.
0 people have recommended this app