Description of App:
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 7, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more! "Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball) “...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation* you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest. ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES• Reminders! - See your events and dated reminders together in the main list - Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders - Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave) • Significant new parser features, including: - Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to" - Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more - Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
- All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
- An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
- Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
- An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens)
- Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
- TextExpander support
- Many other refinements and improvements
- The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
- Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
- Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
- The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
- Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
- Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
- Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
- View and manage your Facebook events
- Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
- Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
- Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Version 2.0.1 has addressed some accessibility problems that were present in the previous release. One of the problems in 2.0 was that it took some trial and error to get past the welcome screens when running the app for the first time. I don’t know if this is now better for new users. The calendar is only usable with VoiceOver in portrait mode, When switching to landscape, the app uses a display layout which doesn’t tell you what days the events are scheduled for when flicking through them. However, in portrait mode the app plays nicely with VoiceOver. Double-tapping on a day in the Day Picker will now scroll the list so that the required day is at the top - something it didn’t do in the previous release. One thing to note, is that you cannot swipe right from the day picker to the list of events/reminders. Flicking right will simply have you going through day after day after day. So, once you have double-tapped on the required day in the picker, you will need to locate the list with your finger to move VoiceOver focus. Not a big deal. The button labeled ‘Go to today’ that you will find on the top menu bar when viewing the calendar will also now correctly scroll the list when using VoiceOver. It may not be obvious, but if you do a double-tap and hold on this button, a picker appears that you can use to select a specific date. This works with VoiceOver. I’m still finding my way around this app, but from what I’ve read elsewhere, it seems like lots of other VoiceOver users are using it. So, if you have located any issues that I’ve yet to encounter, do please post a comment to warn me and others (smiles)
VoiceOver reads most page elements.
All buttons are clearly labeled.
There are some minor accessibility issues with this app, but they are easy to deal with.
Developer's Twitter Username: