PerfectReader Classic - Beautiful PDF Reader with Unique Text Reflow, Sepia/Night/Daytime reading modes, plus High-quality Text To Speech (Free version)
Description of App
PerfectReader Mini is a state-of-the-art PDF reader application for your iPhone/iPod Touch, which helps you to manage & read your PDF documents like no other. PerfectReader brings to you the advantages of reading PDF documents on PC/Mac in a perfect combination with the facilities and advantages of your iDevices. With PerfectReader - it’s not just reading, it’s enjoying!
- Streamline, minimalist & unique user interface – to help you organizing & reading your documents like never before.
- PDF search & Hilight: supports PDF documents in almost languages.
- TrueFlow (Text reflow): Extract PDF text and re-layout it for easy reading against the tiny screens of iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Text-To-Speech: Tired of reading? Now, it's time to listen! Let PerfectReader reads out loud your PDF pages.
- Dictionary/Wikipedia support (Internet connection required): Read documents in any languages, our new feature allows you to translate your selected word into a choice of 33 languages.
- Extremely fast PDF rendering engine.
- Engineered to be suitable for any kind of PDF, from PDF e-books, magazines to technical/business PDF documents and any type of PDF you’ve ever owned.
- Supports large PDF files.
- Supports encrypted PDF files.
- Extensive PDF Outlines and Hyperlinks support with Back/Forward View features, thus, never forget what page you’ve visited.
- PDF Outlines are displayed in an easy-to-access tree-view control and being highlighted automatically corresponding to the page you’re reading.
- One-Tap bookmarking with smart-bookmark feature.
- Built-in Web Browser based on Safari to help you open Web hyperlinks in your PDF documents without leaving the application.
- Opens your last document and reading page at start-up, thus allows you to continue reading without additional taps.
- PDFs are displayed Full-screen, Single page in Portrait and Two-pages (Book-View mode) in Landscape.
- One-Tap page turning or Swipe your finger as turning a real book.
- Smart-zooming PDF pages uses double-tap or pinch-to-zoom.
- Smart-scrolling to bring you exactly the section you would expect.
- Easy to transfer documents to your iPad using hi-speed USB File Transferring via iTunes or WiFi transferring.
- Prints your PDF documents via AirPrint (required your iPhone running iOS 4.2 and higher).
- Read your confidential documents safely: Whenever your device is unlocked, if you’ve read a password-protected document, you need to re-enter your document password to continue reading.
- Opens PDF documents from other applications such as Safari, Mail, DropBox, MobileMe... etc.
- Organizing your documents using Folders without limiting folder levels (just being limited by iOS).
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
This app is not accessible to VoiceOver users.
Most of the buttons have rather cryptic labels, but a more fundamental problem is that VoiceOver does not recognize the icons that represent PDF files. So, it is impossible to browse or open files with VoiceOver.
I briefly disabled VoiceOver to open the PDF file that is preloaded with the app. Having turned VoiceOver on again, I was able to access the content of the PDF file, but the process was far from intuitive.
This app has a long way to go before it will be accessible.
0 people have recommended this app