Description of App:
The official Walt Disney World® app! Now it’s easier than ever to plan and share your vacation details—at home and on the go.
• Quickly access real-time wait times, park hours, Character greetings, parade showtimes and more.
• Use the interactive, GPS-enabled map to explore Walt Disney World Resort and easily see the dining options, attractions and more nearest to you.
• Purchase your theme park tickets.†
• Browse restaurant menus and make dining reservations.
• Select and modify your party’s FastPass+ experiences.
• Search, sort and filter activities by height requirements, distance, wait times and more to find exactly what you’re looking for.
• Keep reservations and activities organized in My Plans, located right on your iPhone home screen.
• Manage your Disney Resort reservations, tickets, MagicBands and cards.
• Share plans with others through Family & Friends.
• Discover official content for Walt Disney World Resort, including our 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom® park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and Disney’s
Animal Kingdom® park), 2 water parks (Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach), Downtown Disney® area, select Walt Disney World Resort hotels
and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
†Ticket sales are for residents of the U.S. and Canada only and may not be available in some countries. Ticket prices are in USD only.
Have questions, problems, comments or suggestions? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Connecting to the Internet in the parks: Without a strong Internet signal, wait times, park hours and schedules may not update accurately. You can see
if your device is connected properly by checking under Settings.
Note: Some app features require location data or for you to register by providing your full name, country, birthdate and email address in order to use
them. Optional planning tools may also ask you about your travel party or allow you to save a credit card to your profile for online purchases.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This app suffers greatly from unlabeled buttons, buttons/links/actionable elements that do not show up as links to Voice Over and problems with focus while browsing/flicking.
Some noted problems:
- There is a row of buttons and a dropdown menu that you cannot get to by flicking and must find by touch.
- The dropdown menu mentioned is not properly labeled and is called "MDX plusButton normal" and all options within it are prefixed with "MDX", IE "MDX fastPass".
- Any option you choose in the dropdown menu - IE FastPass or Dining - opens to a window with links that do not show up as links.
- There are some irritable issues with labelling in the sign-in box, etc.
I had already made my advanced dining reservations for my upcoming Disneyworld vacation over the phone, though I tested this functionality out on the app to see how it may work. It turns out I was lucky to have done so already, as attempting to do this on the app would have been frustrating to say the least:
- When selecting items to search by (IE restaurant cuisine, date to look for, party size), the field does not look editable to begin with and a picker item field shows up at the bottom of the screen when you double-tap on an item - focus does not move to this picker item and you must move there yourself (annoying, but useable once you know it does this.)
- After you enter your criteria and hit "Search" to find restaurants with available reservation times, it displays 2 headings: "Available" and "Not Available" with buttons for each restaurant underneath it. This would be fine, though these buttons are not labelled at all (they show up as "Button") and thus you have to open each entry to see what the restaurant is. This results in a never-ending stream of "Button" as you flick through the list of results.
- Also, when you open a restaurant via the button in the results, it defaults to the "Map" tab, which I am assuming shows where it is in the park/resort. This results in one more step (to open the "Info" tab) to see what exactly this restaurant is and what time slots are available. The map is inaccessible, though I was not expecting this and would have hoped for, at the very least, a textual indication of where this restaurant is located instead (from what I remember - it only shows the name of the restaurant, a very brief description and the list of times available.)
If you can work around these annoyances and slowdowns, it seems useable - I shudder to think, though, on how horrible it would be if there were more than 4-5 available restaurant options for your search criteria (this would make it go from irritating to downright unuseable really quick.) The results also did not seem to be alphabetical that I could tell, so that remembering where a restaurant was in the list becomes like a game of "Memory". The best bet for non-sighted users would likely be to figure out what restaurants you want via oter means and search for them by name on the app to make the reservations. Or use the phone lines. You kind of have to know what restaurants/dates/times you want when using that option anyhow.
Overall, it works to some degree - I like to use it to get an overview of what reservation times I have for each day (this info shows up on the main splash screen) - but I'd stick to using the phonelines to reserve dining times. I am more worried about how the FastPass+ reservations are going to pan out for me -there are no phone options and their website is also very shaky accessibility wise. I also cannot test this until the end of February, though anticipate it may be similar to the Dining Reservation search tool on the app.
I haven't been able to find/use the wait times functionality of the app - unsure if this functionality only activates when in the park or is just inaccessible.
Note to others: My Disney Experience is pretty much required to be used now and I find their website works best on Internet Explorer, unfortunately. You need an account on there to link to the "My Disney Experience" app.
I've emailed Disney regarding some of these issues - hoping they'll get back to me.