Description of App:
Create editable and searchable documents from digital images, scans and PDFs with a mouse click.ABBYY FineReader Express Edition for Mac is highly accurate and an easy-to-use OCR software. The application converts scanned papers, PDF files and digital photos of documents into editable and searchable formats keeping the original formatting and layout. Based on ABBYY’s award-winning OCR technologies, it enables users to avoid manual retyping of text and increase every-day productivity when working with documents.KEY FEATURES:
- Superior accuracy of text recognition and layout retention, recreating of formatting elements (tables, graphics, columns, bullets and numbering);
- 171 recognition languages support, conversion of multilingual documents written in up to three different languages;
- Pre-defined one-click conversion tasks for the most common document conversion routines;
- PDF conversion and creation: converts almost all PDF documents (except secured PDFs) into editable formats and creates searchable PDFs;
- Special tools for editing table areas in documents which enable you to: add/delete table separators, split table cells, merge table rows and columns;
- Image preprocessing tools and options that let you convert digital photos of texts as well as traditional scans;
- User-friendly interface, which makes working with the software very simple and convenient.
- Input file formats: TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PCX, DCX, GIF, BMP, PDF
- Document saving formats: RTF, TXT, XLS, HTML, PDF (text-under-image)
- Image saving formats: TIFF, PNG, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PCX (b/w), BMP.
INTERFACE LANGUAGESDutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish
Free or Paid:
Version Of OS X App Was Tested On:
I'm not too fond of the fact that from what I'm seeing, you have to scan each individual page into a seperet text file rather than making the whole scan one large file, but aside from that, it works very very well.