Following some discussion elsewhere on this forum, I am looking to add a usability rating to the App Directory. What I have in mind is that when you add an app to the App Directory, you would be asked to rate its usability. There would be a list of possible responses, and you select the one that most closely matches your experience of using the app.
At the moment, these are the choices I am looking to offer:
- The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use.
- The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver, but the interface could be easier to navigate and use.
- The app is fully accessible with VoiceOver, but the interface makes the app very difficult to use.
- There are some minor accessibility issues with this app, but they are easy to deal with.
- There are some accessibility issues with this app, but it can still be used if you are willing to tolerate these issues and learn how to work around them.
- Some parts of the app are accessible with VoiceOver, but not enough to make it usable.
- The app is totally inaccessible.
I was able to easily think of apps that matched each of these descriptions.
I would welcome any feedback on this grading system. Are there too many choices, or too few? Can the wording be improved?