Description of App
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, and many more languages with Babbel. Developed by a team of language learning experts, Babbel has helped millions of people speak a new language with confidence.
THE BABBEL METHOD
Here’s what makes Babbel more effective than any other language learning app:
1. Confidence — Our goal is to get you speaking from your very first lesson. And our elegantly designed courses give you the confidence to get there. We teach you how to engage in practical, everyday conversations, making it easier for you to have authentic experiences in your new language.
2. Comprehension — Our lessons immerse you in relevant culture and real-life conversations. We want you to really take in the language, not just memorize useless phrases. And we provide helpful hints in English (or your native language) to make your new language more relatable.
3. Retention — We know you’re busy. That’s why our lessons are short but sweet: about 10-15 minutes, and designed to send your new language straight to long-term memory. We regularly refresh your memory with our dynamic review sessions, which target areas where you need improvement most. Finally, we make sure you really grasp what you’re learning by bringing it back later in a new context.
• 14 languages to choose from
• 10-15 minute, bite-sized lessons that fit conveniently into your schedule
• Lessons covering a wide range of useful topics, from travel to business (and more!)
• Speech recognition technology to keep your pronunciation on point
• Courses at a variety of skill levels, making Babbel ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners
• Our robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
• Learning progress that’s synchronized across all your devices, so you can easily pick up right where you left off
Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Polish, English, Indonesian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian
WORKS FOR YOUR GOALS
After just one month, you will be able to speak confidently about practical topics, such as:
• Making friends and socializing
And much more!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT BABBEL
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.” -The Next Web
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.” -The Economist
“Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses in 13 languages.” -PC Magazine
*Named 2016’s “most innovative company in education” by Fast Company*
*The World’s Highest Grossing Language Learning App*
You will need a subscription in order to get access to the full learning materials for one language. Each subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current payment period. Your iTunes account will be automatically charged at the same price for renewal within the 24-hour period prior to the end of the current payment period unless you change your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings. When a subscription is canceled, access to the app’s courses and features will expire at the end of the current payment period.
You'll get access to all courses for the following durations:
Keyboard Issue and Accessibility Update?
I was wondering if using a bluetooth keyboard with this app would make that part usable.
Also, how is this app doing as far as accessibility nowadays?
I looked at Babbel maybe 3 months ago. At that point, it was so inaccessible it was not even possible to login without some serious hacks. The website is more usable, while I tested the website with Windows, I don't see any reason the experience wouldn't be about the same with Safari. It isn't ideal, but more usable than the iOS app with the biggest issue a lot of complete the blank sentences where the field is not labelled so you have to spend a lot of time reading the sentence, determining where the blank is supposed to be, so you can then figure out the language you're trying to learn.
Why I I Have To Ask
I have to ask what I think is a relevant question. Why is this app even listed here if it isn’t very accessible? This website is here for the blind community to find accessible apps to use.
Reasons for knowing about inaccessible apps
It's nearly as important to know what app's aren't accessible, as this can save wasted time and money. It can help with drawing developers attention to accessibility issues, and also provide a means of tracking an app's level of accessibility over time.