Description of App
This release of our award-winning app showcases some exciting new features:
- PocketJustice is now universal.This means a single version of the app will work across all iPhones and iPads running iOS 5 or higher. If you own multiple iOS devices and use the same AppleID and password, you can install the app on all of your devices but pay only once.
- Users can choose between streaming or downloading audio. Streaming provides immediate access to our synchronized audio and transcripts over cellular or WiFi networks. It is robust: You can pause and pick up hours later at the same point in the audio. Downloading allows storage and later playback. We recommend its use over wifi eliminating data charges.
- We have improved design and logic, including a brief tutorial to instruct old and new users on the features and functionality in the app.
- Users can now create clips and save them in a clip repository. It is simple to create a clip of a single speaker segment, a single speaker turn, or, using the scissors function, create a clip of non-contiguous segments. Clips in the repository can be shared and repurposed in presentations or other projects consistent with our Creative Commons licensing terms.
- We have added more cases to the collection from the 2011 Term and from suggestions and recommendations from our users amounting to 650+ abstracts, voting data, and audio+transcripts for cases decided from October 1955 through 2012. As we continue to update the online archive, the app will synchronize content with a restart. This requires that you close the app in the tray and the restart from the home screen.
- We have added live searching. Searching begins with the first character and continues as you type, producing instant results.