Description of App
Introducing the Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to and play your favourite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and
video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's popular right now. Add your favourite podcasts to personal stations that stay up
to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud
keeps your subscriptions, stations and play position in sync across all your devices, computers and Apple TV.
• Explore hundreds of thousands of free podcasts on a variety of topics, including art, business, comedy, music, news, sport and more
• Tap Subscribe for your favourites and automatically get new episodes for free as they become available
• Browse by audio or video podcasts, or see what's most popular in Top Charts
• Enjoy all your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Ask Siri to play specific shows or stations by name, like “play TEDTalks”
• Adjust the playback speed of your audio or video podcasts
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Enjoy your favourite podcasts on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Create custom stations of your favourite podcasts that update automatically when new episodes become available
• Use the On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want
• Choose to download new episodes automatically when they become available, even when the app is not open
• Save your favourite episodes to keep them on your device
• Subscribe to podcasts that require authentication — just enter the podcast URL into Search in My Podcasts
• Share your favourite episodes with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync episodes and playlists from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• iCloud remembers your place in an episode, your subscriptions and your stations, and keeps them up to date on your devices, Mac, PC and Apple TV.
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• iTunes 11.2 is recommended for syncing podcast episodes
• Syncing subscriptions, stations and play position using iCloud requires iTunes 11.2 or later and Apple TV Software 6.0 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
• iTunes playlist syncing is not compatible with iTunes Match
• Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas
Not fully accessible
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Podcasts 1.1.2 includes a number of improvements, including:
• Tapping a podcast in Top Stations now reveals episodes you can play
• You can now easily turn on automatic downloads for all subscribed podcasts in Settings
• Addresses an issue where previously played or deleted episodes unexpectedly reappear as new
• Resolves an issue where Podcasts may unexpectedly play after a phone call or alarm
• Includes additional stability and performance improvements
Introducing Podcasts 1.2
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes
• Choose whether your stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode
• Your stations are stored in iCloud and kept up-to-date on all of your devices
• Create an On-The-Go playlist with your own list of episodes
• Playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the Podcasts app
• The Now Playing view has been redesigned with easier to use playback controls
• Addressed an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app
• Additional performance and stability improvements
Better than Downcast?
What's New in Version 2.0
Podcasts 2 introduces a stunning, all-new design for iOS 7 and adds useful features you'll love.
Designed for iOS 7
• Podcasts has a beautiful new look and feel that fits right in with iOS 7
• The Podcasts Store is now located in the Featured tab, making it easier than ever to discover great podcasts
• The new Search tab makes finding podcasts in the Podcasts Store fast and simple
• Top Charts now shows podcasts and episodes in a simple list, so it's even easier to see what’s popular
• You can now view your stations as a list of episodes, or group them by podcast
Stay up to date
• Podcasts now automatically update with new episodes — even while the app is not open
• Choose how often the Podcasts app checks for updates to get the latest episodes as soon as they become available
• iCloud now keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in sync with iTunes and Apple TV
This version of Podcasts also includes improvements to responsiveness and playback performance.
What's New in Version 2.1
This update includes several improvements that make playing your favorite podcasts even easier:
Improved Episode Browsing
• Quickly find episodes you haven’t listened to in the new Unplayed tab
• Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
• Save your favorite episodes to keep them offline
• Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
• Tap on links that appear in podcast and episode descriptions to open them in Safari
• You can now ask Siri to play podcast episodes by simply saying “play podcasts”
• To play specific podcasts or stations, just ask Siri to play them by name, like “play TEDTalks”
• Please note that Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas.
• Podcasts now supports CarPlay
podcast issues and questions
Hello: let us say that I am searching for all podcasts that have a name spanish in them. When I type "spanish" without the quotes in to the search field in search pannel, I get maybe 10 podcasts and then just the keyboard "q, w, e, r" and so on. Any ideas what to do in order to list all podcasts that have word "spanish" in them? Also when I get the result for instance "coffee break spanish" how do I quickly get to the podcast that I am looking for for instance "season one ipizod 5"? Also how do I get there with "siri" if I did not download any podcast? Many thanks. Zdenek
Hi if you want to see all podcasts for example that have to do with spanish swipe to the see all link and then double tap.
Downloading all episodes
Hello everyone, is there any current way to download all episodes of a podcast feed with the default Apple podcasts app?
How does one view show notes for podcasts in the latest version?
Double tap the playing episode title near the bottom of any view to open the Now Playing card. There's a Show button next to "Show Notes" which reveals them.
Try apple podcast. Did not care for it. To hard to move around it. Overcast is easy and not complicated.
Seasons Filter Inaccessible
As far as I can tell, the seasons filter is completely inaccessible, meaning you can't navigate to seasons previous to the latest. This is an utter disgrace for a first-party app. But there, accessibility is something to add to the checklist for Apple's feel-good PR purposes these days, and not an objective to be achieved. I am going to have to look at the other options again, will probably just end up going with Downcast.