Description of App:
Explore the algorithmic music of simple bitwise arithmetic operations while watching the retro-digital 3D graphics!
BitWiz Audio Synth translates C-like code expressions into 8-bit generative stereo audio in real-time. The entered code expression is used to calculate
each audio frame, also known as "bytebeat" synthesis.
Record your sessions and export through itunes or Audio Copy to other apps, or upload to your SoundCloud account.
Use the dual multitouch XY-pad or external MIDI control to tweak variables in the expression in real-time. Play BitWiz as a musical instrument or compose
algorithmic pieces that evolves by themselves! BitWiz can also include the microphone input for crazy distortion effects!
BitWiz comes bundled with lots of examples, and you can easily add your own codes to the built-in library.
You can also share your codes by e-mail, twitter or facebook, or open them in another application.
You don't need to learn C to use this app, just play around with the included codes and tweak a number here or there, and strange glitchy variations will
appear. You can even let BitWiz generate random codes for you with a swipe!
"Killer App" - Apps4idevices
"Amazingly good fun", "App of the week" - PalmSounds
"A most excellent generative noise maker" - Zaxism
"I love the app!" - Discchord
"I just had to add this gem to my list" - Sascha Dikiciyan (Sonic mayhem)
• Real-time BYTEBEAT synthesizer
• Retro-digital 3D VISUALS
• Universal app (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), landscape and portrait
• Instant update of audio for LIVE-CODING
• Multitouch XY-Pad for TWEAKING/PLAYING in real-time
• Core MIDI support for external control
• RECORD to file and export or AUDIOCOPY into other apps
• Stream the output to other AUDIOBUS compatible apps
• Upload recordings to SOUNDCLOUD
• SHARE codes through twitter, email or open in other apps
• Supports samplerates 44100, 22050, 14700, 11025, 8820, etc.
• STEREO audio
• Optional MICROPHONE input for distortion effects
• Custom keyboard with arrow-keys for easy editing
• Background audio operation
• Lots of included FACTORY PRESETS
• Transfer codes and recordings through iTunes file sharing
• Swipe with two fingers to generate code randomly!
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Pretty much accessible, and I'm workinmg with the dev to gdet it more so.
There is an x/y pad underneath the keyboard. It doesn't have direct touch /yet, so you have to turn off VO to use it. Also, yuou're going to want a bluetooth keyboard for this app, because braille screen input and other keyboardds don't work. there is a workaround, which would to be to copy your code, paste it in an editor, edit it, copy, it, and paste back into Bitwiz. The qapp is amazing, and you can do really awesome things with it. If you want, I'll share some codes.