Description of App:
Blackjack Strategizer is the best way to learn blackjack basic strategy! With this realistic quiz, you'll master when to hit, stay, split, or double down. Use this app to practice before heading to the casino tables!Features
- Real gestures, just like you're at an actual casino! Tap the table to hit, swipe to stay, and more!
- Learn basic strategy for playing in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or Europe.
- View your play history to study incorrect answers.
- Track your progress in a graph.
- Share the graph with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or in an Email or message (iOS 6 only).
- Study with included strategy charts.
- Expert mode for more experienced players.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
The developer has clearly put some time and effort into making this app accessible (and claims full VoiceOver support in the app description), but unfortunately it still needs some major work before it can be used in a meaningful way with VoiceOver.There is a small area on the main screen where VoiceOver users can use the same gestures as sighted users to interact with the app. This seems an interesting idea, but unfortunately it isn't actually mentioned anywhere. I only found out about it after contacting the developer.The operation of this area of the screen is also rather inconsistent at the moment - as a result, you cannot be sure if what you are doing is necessary to move focus to this area or will actually action a gesture.However, the main problem I had with this app is that VoiceOver users are given no feedback on the final outcome of a game - the next screen will include a comment such as 'Fantastic' or 'Lucky', but you are not told the last card that you were dealt or what cards the dealer revealed. This is extremely frustrating.The next update to this app addresses some accessibility issues in the Settings area of this app. Hopefully further updates will make this app fully usable with VoiceOver.