Description of App
Bookmobile is an audio player designed specifically for listening to audiobooks and podcasts, and is optimized for use while in the car. This app has been developed and refined for over two years by avid audiobook listeners. It virtually eliminates the number one problem of listening to audiobooks on an iPod/iPhone: losing your place!
The iPod player on the iPhone was designed for playing music, not audiobooks, so it is frustratingly easy to lose your place within a track, or accidentally skip to another track. Bookmobile fixes those problems and does much more.
- An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content even while driving, running, cycling...
- Fixed 5/30 sec and 5/30 min forward and backward buttons provide exact control over playhead position.
- No sliders, coverflow or other "dangerous" button placement that makes it easy to lose your place.
- Bookmarks could not be easier:
- Every time an event occurs: startup, switching books, phone calls, app switching, etc., a bookmark is created, or...
- just press Pause to create a bookmark.
- A "current position" bookmark keeps the latest playhead position, so even if you turn off the phone, it remembers where you were.
- Bookmarks can be customized with name, notes and highlight color.
- Easily clear out all of the old auto-generated, non-customized bookmarks from any point.
- Continues playing in the background after leaving the app.
- Choose audiobooks and/or podcasts from your iTunes library for your in-app bookshelf. The bookshelf lets you keep the books you are currently listening to close at hand. Selecting one part of an audiobook from your library will transfer the entire book to your bookshelf.
- Completion of one part of a book (or podcast) automatically transitions to the next part.
- Uses numbers in track titles to automatically order book parts.
Notes: Bookmobile plays audiobooks from your iPod library purchased or downloaded from iTunes, Audible.com and other sources. It does not come pre-installed with any audio content.
For proper part handling, make all parts of an audiobook belong to the same album in iTunes.