OPlayer - video player
Description of App
OPlayer is used to boost your iPhone/iPod's media abilities, you can also use it to streaming audio and video over the internet.
OPlayer HD - Customized for iPad is ready for sale in app store.
OPlayer needs iPod gen3 or later models, iPhone3gs or later models to play non-native media formats.
Supported File Format Extension
- XVID/DIVX AVI, WMV, RMVB, ASF, H264, MKV, TS, M2TS... most of all movie file formats.
- MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC... most of all audio file formats.
- SMI, ASS, SUB, SRT, TXT... most of all subtitle file formats.
- USB Sync: Use itunes to fast sync movies to your iPad.
- WIFI Upload: Upload movies by the web browser of your computer, support ie/safari/firefox/chrome.
- FTP server: Upload movies by the ftp client of your computer, support cyberduck/filezilla.
- FTP Client: You can download files from FTP server to your iPad.
- SAMBA Client: You can download files from SAMBA server to your iPad.
- Streaming: Support HTTP/RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streaming.
- File Management: Support New/Rename/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Playlist: Create your own playlist, and play files continuous, you can even use OPlayer as a music player.
- Different Play Mode: Support Loop off/Loop One/Loop all.
- Screen Lock: View your movie even on the bed.
- Dynamically Menu: Dynamically choose audio/subtitle/video channel and encoding method.
- Resume Function: Don't worry about closing your application suddenly.
- TV Out: Both cable TV out and AirPlay are supported.
- iTunes Backup: By default, we will not backup media data when you do iTunes sync, and you can't see the files in iTunes, you can enable it in the settings page to backup your media data.
How do I put files into OPlayer?
To add files to your OPlayer app, you have to go to iTunes, and select the “Apps” tab. At the bottom of this page, there’s a “File sharing” section – just select OPlayer in the list, and add files from there. Note that you don’t have to sync your iPhone or iPad to iTunes to add movies. Just drop files in the “File sharing” tab, and they’ll be uploaded immediately. You can even use a friend’s iTunes to add videos to your own iPhone. Also, adding files over WiFi is supported. Indeed, WiFi is significantly slower than USB, and ruins the battery life.
What kind of streams does OPlayer play?
OPlayer is able to play RTSP/MMS/FTP/SAMBA streams, If you want to use OPlayer to open the streaming from your website, add "oplayer:" prefix in the URL.
I want to open an attachment from mail app with OPlayer?
If you want to watch an attachment in OPlayer(from Mail for example), just do a long press on the attachment. A menu will pop-up that will let you pick OPlayer as a player.
iTunes won’t see the files under OPlayer?
You need to enable backup in the settings page to see files in iTunes.
Why HD MKV movies don’t play smoothly?
Currently, only iPhone4s supports 720p MKV file, that’s to be expected. The other iDevices have limited computing power, and cannot handle the complex task of decoding HD movies in real time.
The audio and the video is not in sync?
That is because the CPU is not power enough to do video decoding, you can try to enable "Skip Frame" in the file detail page.
Is there a TV-out support?
Yep, but TV-out function only supported by iPod gen4, iPhone4, iPhone4S and iPad 1/2.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
1 people have recommended this app