Description of App:
As described in the iTunes Store:
VLC Remote lets you remotely control your VLC Media Player on your Mac or PC.
Awarded Gizmodo's ❛Essential iPhone App❜ 2008, 2009 and 2010
Awarded T3's ❛Best iPhone Apps❜ 2010
Without question this is one of the best apps out there. It's interface is elegant and stylish and it's functionality is very well rounded. I recomend it to anyone who uses VLC. - US Reviewer
- Easily control VLC from your sofa!
- Full browsing control on your computer (select any file on your computer to play)
- Stop, Play and Pause
- Full DVD controls
- Control volume, position, next track and previous track
- Turn fullscreen on and off
- Control subtitles, aspect ratio, audio track and delays
- Use the picker control for fine control of volume and position
- View the playlist and play files from it
- Easily access external drives
- Use landscape mode for more control and customise with skins
VLC is a great, free and popular media player that can handle almost any file format.
VLC Remote lets you sit back enjoy your movies and music while you control things from your easy chair.
Needless to say, we loved this app for everything it’s got. - AppsTouch.com
It is a joy to use - no more reaching for the mouse when you want to pause your show, select the next episode, or play some different music.
As far as I'm concerned, this is a necessary download! This is one of the few apps that I have bought, but by far my favorite. Works great, setup was super easy and I use this every day. MUST HAVE!!! - US Reviewer
This app does exactly what it's supposed to do. It works flawlessly and lets you add files to the playlist with ease. Was very easy to set up as well. VLC is one of the best video players you can get for the desktop and this app is a perfect way to bring that to the iPhone. Do yourself a favor and get this app if you use VLC on the PC. - US Reviewer
- Automatically scans your local network for VLC players
- Supports VLC on Windows XP, Vista, Mac and Linux
- Free setup helper quickly configures VLC for use with the remote
- Supports VLC 1.0 (and earlier versions)
- Set default device to control.
- Set default browse location for selecting files
- Supports Mac OS 10.4 Tiger (though you will have to follow the manual setup instructions)
Response to feedback
If you do have any problems connecting to VLC, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help. Enjoy!
VLC Remote is currently translated to 9 languages. If you are willing to translate it to your language, or would like to improve the translations, please head over to www.AppTranslate.com
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
AppleVis Editor Note: this app was submitted before Usability Ratings were introduced, so one has been chosen on the basis of the accessibility comments made by the original poster. If you have used this app, please post a comment to let us know if you agree with the Rating.
Original Comments: The player's controls are not clearly labeled. Instead, they show up as /var/mobile/Applicat, but it's not hard to figure out what the controls do if you play around with them. From left to right, they are Previous, Stop, Play/Pause, Next, Volume Down, and Volume Up. I have tested the setup helper on OS 10.6.4; it is fully accessible. I ran the helper on Windows XP and saw no issues with it. If neither work for you, try the manual setup instructions.