Xfinity TV Remote
Description of App
Download XFINITY TV Remote to control your compatible set top box.
Search TV Listings, browse thousands of movies and TV shows in XFINITY On Demand, and schedule your DVR recordings directly from your iPhone®, iPad® and
Find content to watch on TV quickly and easily:
- View Customized TV Listings by area
- Browse the XFINITY On Demand library featuring thousands of titles
- Search for any TV show or movie
- Quickly find what you’re looking for using the Channel Keypad, Date & Time Picker, and Favorite Channels
- Filter content by genre, network, HD, free and more
Control your TV and DVR:
- Change channels on your TV
- Tune directly to XFINITY On Demand programs
- Schedule your DVR remotely
- View and modify scheduled recordings and recording priority
- iPad, iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 7.1 or above
- XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service.
- A WiFi or cellular internet connection.
- Compatible cable/set-top box (for TV and DVR control). Please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cabl…
for more details.**
- Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all areas.
Initial Setup Notes: Please be at home with your TV and cable boxes turned on. Messages will appear on your TV screen to help you name your boxes for easier
identification and control.
Need Help Signing-In, creating a Comcast ID or retrieving your password? Please visit our website.
**** Having trouble with the XFINITY TV App? Contact our support team via email: email@example.com. We cannot respond directly through iTunes
but would love to hear from you.
Free or Paid
Apple Watch Support
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is basically functional, but definitely needs a lot of accessibility improvements. The TV Listings tab allows you to hear the Channel numbers and station IDs and change to them, however the TV listings themselves are unannounced making it rather useless. The On-Demand area is very messy with bad tab orders, and most of the time what you click on brings up something entirely different. Very difficult to navigate, and after successfully getting a stream to load you have to press Ok on the actual Comcast TV remote to actually start it. Also difficult to give Comcast accessibility feedback on the app. It is good as a channel changer despite not being able to tell what is on individual channels, and the On-Demand works a lot better on the iPhone running 8.4.1 than the iPad running 9.2.1.
Successfully changing channels or selecting an on-demand stream is inconsistent. Constantly ran into "Error: Could not complete request" errors, and only by attempting to change the channel or select the on-demand stream multiple times would it work, effectively being forced to brute force your way into the change. Most of the time, channel changing worked fine, and the on-demand streams gave me the most trouble.
Developer's Twitter Username
0 people have recommended this app
This app is free I believe, not payed.