Description of App
Barclays Mobile Banking app is here
Our new app allows you manage your Barclays and personal Barclaycard accounts on the move, all in one place, with advanced security solutions to protect you and your money.
- Check your latest balances
- View your most recent transactions
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Make payments to people you've paid before and have put in your payee list
- Find your nearest Barclays branch or ATM
- Keep your accounts safe – our new log-in process makes access simpler, but it has the same advanced security levels as Online Banking
Personal Banking customers
- Barclays Mobile banking is available to sole and joint account holders
- Register your Barclays current account and you can view all your other Barclays accounts (including Barclaycard)
Business Banking customers
- Barclays Mobile banking is only available to Barclays business current account holders who can make payments from their accounts without additional signatories and who have a debit card with their account.
- You are able to register either your personal or your business current accounts with Barclays Mobile Banking. If you require both, then you will need to register more than once with a different smartphone device and different telephone number. Barclaycard business or corporate credit cards cannot be registered
This is just the beginning. We're working on new features for Barclays Mobile Banking and will be bringing in some exciting developments soon.
To register for Barclays Mobile Banking, you need to be aged 16 or over. You will need to register and match your UK mobile number with your Barclays current account. Your other Barclays accounts will be added automatically so you can also view them in the app.
Your initial log-in to the Barclays Mobile Banking app will require you to confirm your identity using PINsentry or at a Barclays ATM. This measure guarantees your privacy and security. Once you're set up, subsequent log-ins will only require you to have your 5-digit passcode (which you create) to hand. This means a simpler log-in with the same advanced levels of security as Online Banking. What's more, you don't even need to be registered for Barclays Online Banking to register for the Barclays Mobile Banking app.
Terms and conditions and other restrictions apply (http://www.barclays.co.uk/ mobilebankingapp/terms). Compatible smartphone, operating system and internet access (fees may apply) required.
Other things you need to know:
- The app works on IOS 4.2.1 and above
- The app won’t work on jailbroken handsets
- Standard network charges may apply. Please check with your network provider
- It's possible to register both Personal and Business Barclays current accounts to the app by registering more than once with different smartphone devices and differing telephone numbers
- Business customers may be charged for certain transactions depending on their tariff
- You may be charged by your service provider for mobile or internet use
- There’s no change to how we’ll use your information as set out in our terms and conditions
Barclays Bank PLC. Registered in England. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Registered No 1026167. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the FSA. Registered No 973765. Registered Office for both: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. "The Woolwich" and "Woolwich" are trademarks and trading names of Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Business is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Bank PLC subscribes to the Lending Code which is monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board and is licensed and regulated by the Office of Fair Trading for the provision of credit products to consumers and related services. Further details can be found at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk
Barclays has broken!
Well, the best thing that can be said about this is that at least the developer was honest enough to admit that the latest update to Barclays Mobile Banking means that if you are running Voiceover with IOS 11, the app will not work. unfortunately, I didn't see this information until I had updated to IOS 11, which the developer advises Voiceover customers not to do until they have fixed it. Has anyone been on to Barclays about this? it has been a while since the app bacame totally unusable.