Description of App
Grim Tides is a classic turn-based, dungeon crawling RPG with optional roguelike elements. It puts a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and immersion, using hand-drawn artwork, vibrant musical score, and lots of written text to draw you into its vivid and detailed fantasy world. Because of its attention to world-building and abundance of lore, Grim Tides is often compared to a tabletop Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) campaign, or even a choose your own adventure book.
Grim Tides has no multiple currencies, limiting timers, overpriced cosmetics, content locked behind endless microtransactions, or other modern monetization schemes. Just a one-time purchase for the full game, and completely optional donation packs for those who wish to support the game and its development.
*** FEATURES ***
- immerse in a rich fantasy world with its own history and lore
- defeat enemies and fight boss battles in a classic turn-based combat system
- customize your character with many unique spells, as well as active and passive skills
- select one of 7 character backgrounds and personalize your character with 50+ special perks that each affect gameplay in their own way
- experience the game world through a variety of interactive, text-based events
- manage your own ship and crew as you explore a wild tropical archipelago
- acquire weapons, armors, acessories, consumable items, crafting ingredients and more
- complete quests, collect bounties and find scattered pieces of lore
- relax or add suspense with 4 difficulty levels, optional permadeath and other adjustable settings
* A standalone prequel to Grim Quest - Old School RPG, set in the same world, several centuries in the past.
** Try the first chapter of the game for free before deciding to unlock all content with a one-time purchase. No ads, no additional content locked behind IAPs, no nagging microtransactions.
not in English?
What's with the link on the App Store heading? Some of it is in English, but much of the resulting page on Apple is not.
Events With No Options
I’m not sure if this is a normal bug, or an accessibility bug, but every so often in the dungeon, I will come across events that have no options to continue or make choices. How do I get past these?
Scroll down with three fingers
First tap on the event text and then swipe up with three fingers. You might need to swipe up more than once.