Description of App
Symphony is a music composition tool made to work perfectly with your iPhone!
Our app is designed to be the most intuitive environment possible for writing down your musical ideas on a handheld device, as well as for creating anything from sheet music to large orchestrations while on the go.
To add notes, tap the Pencil icon, then tap anywhere inside a measure to write a new melody or chord progression. You can quickly edit note properties before or after placing notes. By switching to Select mode with one touch, you can also transpose, erase, cut, and paste multiple notes anywhere in the score.
When you’re done composing, Symphony allows you to print your score with AirPrint, or share it as a PDF, MIDI, MusicXML, or audio file to DropBox, iCloud Drive, and email.
• 100+ acoustic instruments available for live, multi-track performance
• Efficient, ergonomic design for your iPhone 5, 6, or 6+ device
• Create formatted chord charts & lead sheets with the Chord Symbol and Lyric tools.
• Create scores in standard music notation or tablature
• Enter notes with touch input, an on-screen instrument, a MIDI input device, or even a QWERTY keyboard
• Dozens of shortcuts & gestures to edit & navigate.
• Print the score from your iPad with AirPrint
• Up to 15 instruments, 45 staves, 4 voices/layers per score
• Record MIDI to notation in real-time using a click track
• Backup & sync scores with iCloud
• Import MusicXML, MIDI, MXL, or Symphony files
• Export as a PDF, MusicXML, MIDI, AAC, or Symphony file
• Large selection of articulations & dynamics in the Expressions menu
• Multi-measure rests for parts
• Grace notes
• Edit multiple notes and rests by selection, toggle, and note groupings.
• Copy/Paste function can select multiple measures & staves, and cut single or multiple voices/layers
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Customizable stem directions & note beaming
• Transposing instruments & concert pitch options
• Change tempo or clef at any point in the score
• Stream audio or share your screen wirelessly with AirPlay
• Advanced document management support
• Customizable part groupings for SATB and instrument families
• Customizable chord symbol, lyric, and annotation font
• Loop playback between a range of measures
For more info, please visit:
• Product overview: http://symphonypro.net/iphone
• Ask support questions by visiting forums.symphonypro.net
• Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/symphonyapp
* Symphony is now free-to-download, meaning that without upgrading, your installation will have the following limitations:
(1) A maximum of 6 user-created scores
(2) A maximum of 2 exported scores/day.
* Purchase to the Full Edition IAP directly from the app in order to:
- Enable unlimited saving & exporting
However, if you already purchased this app before it became "Freemium", you can instantly register your earlier purchase to unlock the Full Edition upgrade. Just look under Help > Full Edition, then click on the first option listed