Description of App
The autonomy of visually impaired people often depends on their opportunity of using custom labels, which allow to add informations to common objects for an easier recognition in everyday life.
The QR Code technology, combined with the objects labelling mechanism, is an innovative method for blind people to increase their autonomy in many fields.
QR Blind allows a complete and integrated management of the whole process of creation and use of labels with the QR Code: the app provides a set of tools to create a QR code with a custom text, single labels and to build A4 sheets, that can be shared as PDF files or printed using the AirPrint technology.
QR Blind is totally accessible with VoiceOver. Most part of te app can be directly explored through the custom actions of the screen reader.
What you can do with QR Blind:
* Create simple text QR Codes or Contacts, Events and Wi-Fi configuration;
* Create labels using 6 different label formats;
* Associate custom text or audio to each QR Code that will be used in scanning module;
* Create and fill sheets with previously saved labels;
* Share a PDF version of the sheet or print it through the AirPrint technology;
* Single Scan: in this mode each time QR Blind recognises a QR Code, it shows its information. In this mode you can import the code (if not already present in your archive) or update it (if it already exists). It is also possible to add a custom text that will be read the next time you scan the code. Associated audio messages are also played back. When an event or a contact is recognized, the app asks if user wants to add it respectively to the calendar or address book. If a link is found user can open it in the default browser;
* Continuous Scan: In this mode QR Blind doesn't stop each time it recognises one or more QR Codes, but shows their information directly on screen that will also be announced by VoiceOver. This mode is useful to scan multiple object at a time;