Description of App:
TeamTalk is a conferencing system which allows users to participate in conferences on the Internet. Users can chat using voice over IP and listen to streaming media files.
TeamTalk for iOS has been designed with particular emphasis on accessibility features for visually impaired.
Here is a list of the main features:
- Real time voice over IP conversations
- Public and private instant text messaging
- Private rooms/channels for every group
- High quality audio codecs with both mono and stereo
- Push-to-talk and voice activation
- Standalone server available for both LAN and Internet environments
- User authentication with accounts
- Accessibility for visually impaired using VoiceOver
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
As the description says, VoiceOver support was a high priority during development because of how widely TeamTalk is used in the blind community.. I have been a beta tester of this app for over a month and it works very well with VoiceOver. Be sure to explore the "actions" option on the rotor as it lets you quickly connect to servers or mute individual users.
One thing I would recommend you do when you get the app is go into the preferences and adjust the settings for text to speech announcements, in particular you probably want to turn on the options to read channel and private messages. This way you can see what's going on in the chat even if you have the screen locked or if the app is minimised.