Description of App
BibleScope is a Bible study application designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Other version of BibleScope available in the App Store:
- BibleScope with the NIV, The Message, and ERV
- BibleScope with the MSG and ERV
iPad - All versions of BibleScope have a new built in user interface that is shown automatically that is specifically written for the iPad.
BibleScope includes these translations:
- King James Version (KJV)
- New Simplified Bible (NSB)
- World English Bible (WEB)
- Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary,
- Spanish Reina Valera Antigua
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
Also available for free download from within BibleScope are the following translations and commentaries:
- NET Bible
- KJV with Strongs
- Young's Literal Translation
- Darby Translation
- Darby's Commentary
- Spanish Sagradas Escrituras
- Portuguese Translation
- German Luther Translation
- Russian Translation
- Chinese Union Simplified and Traditional
- Latin Vulgate
- Turkish Translation
- Korean Revised Version
- Byzantine Greek New Testament with accents
- Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
- Adam Clarke Commentary
- Italian La Nuova Diodati
- Japanese Colloquial Bible
- John Gill Commentary
- and more...
NOTE: I have some translations available for purchase from within BibleScope:
- New International Version (NIV, NIrV, and TNIV) available in the U.S. and Canada
- English Standard Version (ESV)
- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
- La Palabra de Dios Para Todos (PDT)
- Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
- Notes can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading, or in the main Notes screen
- General notes can be used for capturing sermon or teachings that are not directly related to a single verse reference
- Add folders to your general notes to keep them organized
- Email the notes to a friend or somewhere else to share
- Sync your notes with my server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
- Edit your notes from a browser so you can add notes from other Bible sources and sync them back to your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Bookmarks can be entered for any verse by selecting the verse # as you are reading
- Organize your bookmarks by folders if you prefer to group some together
- Assign a name to each bookmark
- Sync your bookmarks with the server so you always have a backup in case of a reinstall
- Add highlights to any verse by pressing the verse # and selecting highlighting mode.
- Choose from many different colors to highlight verses
- Keyword or phrase search to find key passages in the Bible
- Options to search in current book, OT, or NT
- Search the Easton's dictionary for many common Bible definitions
- Landscape mode for viewing the text widescreen including a split-screen view.
- Navigate all books and chapters of the Bible using either a "wheel dial" selector, a table selection with a shortcut bar to the right side, or single page with buttons for the book,chapter, and verse.
- Settings screen inside BibleScope includes background, font, font size, colors and many more options to customize your experience.
- No Internet connection needed. All Bible content is locally within the app
- Bars at the top and bottom slide in/away with a press of the screen
- Split-screen display that shows two Bible versions simultaneously
- Words of Christ in red for the KJV, WEB, NIV, ESV, and NASB translations
- Verse history that keeps track of all navigated verses, and can easily navigate between them
- Daily devotional texts include Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Daily Path devotional, and a Daily Bible Reading selection. An additional screen is available for a daily reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.
More screenshots and information available at http://www.biblescopeapp.com