Description of App:
Swarm turns every day into a game! Earn prizes and compete with friends based on the places you go. See when your friends are hanging out nearby, so you
never miss out on the fun!
• Check in to earn prizes, and compete with friends to see who’s having the best week on the leaderboard. Finish near the top to earn sweet bonuses!
• Think you’re a local? Then try to earn the title of “Mayor” at your favorite spots. But be careful, others will be coming for your crown.
• Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve hung out with. After you check in we’ll show you interesting little insights like: “That’s 5 weeks in
a row at bars!” or “That’s your 25th time hanging out with Courtney!”
• Want to meet up with friends? Just open Swarm to see who’s hanging out nearby. Have a better idea? Quickly message your friends to make plans and meet
* A note on battery. We’ve spent years developing the location technology that powers Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps
of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This app seems a bit clumsy but it has the groundwork to become as good as Foursquare on the next update. Voice over does pretty well, nothing a few labels won't fix, the interface isn't fantastic as of yet.
Swarm allows you to find near by friends to meet up. You can comment on other's activities, as well as post, like, and share what you're doing. You have complete control, and since it works with Foursquare you can check in, that much faster. It recognizes your name when you log in, so that part was easy, after accepting notifications, I could flick around and read where my friends where what time, However the app constantly refreshes, and it makes it hard to stay in one spot. Also there are four unlabeled tabs, one through four, I could only get to them by swiping around the screen, they weren't on the top or bottom as you'd expect. I'm not sold this app is down in the water just yet, I know this is the first release. since it's made by the devs of foursquare i hope they impliment changes soon.