Description of App
Ice Cubes is a fast, reliable and beautiful Mastodon client.
You can connect to any Mastodon instance and use the various features this app offer.
- Browse your home, federated and local timeline
- Favorite, boost, share, and even quote any toot!
- You've read it right, this app offer a quote toot feature, Ice Cubes will also embed any other toot link so the content is easily readable.
- Organize your timeline with lists, add and remove users from lists, create new lists!
- Filter your timeline by your lists, followed tags and more.
- The timeline is also live, this app is connected to the powerful streaming API of Mastodon so you won't miss any content!
- You can even pin other instance local timelines, you can keep up with all your communities from the same account.
- Explore, search and discover new content with a powerful explore tab.
- Dedicated tab for your direct message.
- Multi accounts support and easy switch between your accounts.
- A lot of customisation options.
- ChatGPT Integration, you can get a little help from your AI friend when composing your toot, it can help you correct your text or even shorten it!
- And much more to discover within the app.
And much much more to come. This is the first version of the Ice Cubes, and it's not supporting all the features Mastodon offer as of yet.
Bonus: It's completely open source, you can have a look at the code here: https://github.com/Dimillian/IceCubesApp to learn more, and maybe even follow along!
Accessibility has improved significantly
The accessibility of this app has greatly improved. I am a new Mastodon user but everything appears to be labeled and well organized.
I have switched to Ice Cubes
After reading the accessibility review on here, I completely switched to Ice Cubes. It also works on Macs with M1 and M2-based processors, however, navigating around the interface is a bit confusing, but navigating on the iPhone is much simpler. Accessibility will improve over time. .
Question about managing follow requests?
I have a question about managing follow requests with this app.
When in the area for follow requests, if I use my rotor my only options are, "reject" or "activate." Neither of these options allow me to read the bio of the person who sent the request.
I have my account set so that I must look at each request, to decide whether or not to accept it.
Does anyone on here know how to read the bios of those who have sent you follow requests? I sent the developers a message, but have yet to hear back.
Re: Question about managing follow requests?
I don't have my Mastodon account configured to be able to check the following, but does performing a long press on the follow request activate a contextual menu that might include other options?