Description of App
Are you a huge Formula 1 fan? This application is written for the Formula 1 enthusiast!
F1 Standings provides an excellent way to keep track of Formula 1 drivers and constructors standings throughout the year.
- STANDINGS: Current Points standings for drivers and teams are updated real time after a race. For people on the go, the last viewed points are cached locally in case the network is unavailable.
- HISTORICAL DATA: View previous years points for drivers and constructors.
- SEARCH: Search for your favorite Formula 1 drivers and constructors points information. See historical information on all drivers and teams since the beginning of Formula 1. Ability to chart a driver or constructors points history.
- RACE CALENDAR: Full Date & Times for every circuit in the Formula 1 Racing calendar displayed in your local time zone.
- RESULTS: Formula 1 qualifying and race results.
- NEWS: Latest news from each Grand Prix and all the news from Formula 1 throughout the season from numerous sources.Selecting news items keeps you in F1 Standings instead of launching Safari, so it is easier to read more articles. Post news items to your Facebook page.Email news items to friends.
- POLLING: A polling system to pick who you believe will win the next race.
This app is fully accessible to VoiceOver users.
Considering that this app displays mostly numeric data, I had very low expectations of its likely accessibility. I was pleased to be proved totally wrong. All of the content in this app is accessible. The numeric data in the driver and constructor standings is clear and easy to understand, as are race results and qualifying times.
I have only found two very minor issues. The first is accessing historic data. When viewing the driver and constructor standings, you actually need to double-tap on the button labelled 'Refresh' to switch years.
The second issue is when selecting news sources. There are four sources available. VoiceOver will announce the toggle switch for each, but does not read the name of the sources themselves. These are the four sources (in the order they are listed on the selection page):
The first two of these are selected by default.