Description of App:
Backpack Studio allows you to easily create studio quality recordings from anywhere in the world. It mixes your show for you, so you can focus on being creative. From the developer of the former bossjock studio, based upon years of refinement and user feedback. Backpack is a must have app for all podcasters, broadcasters, and DJ's, and voiceover artists.
- Record your voice while simultaneously triggering sounds - intros, background music, and sound effects. The sounds automatically adjust volume in real time. No need for multitrack or post production software. Creating a show becomes a creative live performance instead of an edit job!
- A powerful first of its kind soundboard with unlimited pages of pads. Scroll the pads to the left and a new empty page will appear ready to go! Reposition sounds, pin sounds to a specific pad to appear on each page. Configure the size, color, and behavior of each pad as needed. Swipe the pads vertically to live mix the volume.
- Import sounds into the soundboard on they fly from anywhere - iCloud , dropbox, your music library, email, even open from other apps.
- Studio quality compression, limiting, and eq algorithms are automatically applied to the live mix loud, studio quality mastered sound.
- Encodes to all popular formats, mp3, wav, m4a, aiff - Publish recordings directly to Soundcloud, iCloud, dropbox, Facebook, youtube, FTP, for Libsyn, or open in any app on your phone that accepts audio or video.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers .
- Battery and cpu optimization. Records in compressed audio to save 90% of the drive space space of other mixing apps. (optional)
- Inter-app audio and audiobus support allow you to stream to other apps.
- Works with all usb / external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey. Backpack also enables you to mix the left and right channels or disable the iOS built in gain control (AGC)
Visit backpackstudioapp.com for more info!
follow on twitter backpack_studio
follow instagram backpackstudioapp
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
The app is very accessible with VoiceOver, and has a lot of features that the former Bossjock did not. You could now change the setting on what the magic tap (2-finger double tap) does according to your preference. You could either stop/pause recording, or trigger the microphone on/off.
If you're looking for an app with the ability to record professional podcasts, this is an excellent app at a price that's well worth it. the dev is very responsive and can answer any questions you may have on the app, so be sure to send him an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org