Description of App
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
taptapsee first reaction
Of course, crowdsourcing...
So Far Am Not Impressed
It really is amazing!
This app is not amazing, it's
Fun but Needs work
This app is not just amazing, but downright freaky!
What's New in Version 1.2
* Added "repeat" button (repeat last spoken result)
* Automatically turn on camera flash in low-light conditions
* Display message when VoiceOver is turned off
Has anyone else tried the new
must have app for all blind user!
The app is fully accessible and very simple to use.
must have app for all blind user! very helpful and better than any other regonition app.
It is pretty amazing and I
Ghost In The Machine
Really neat app
Ghost In The Machine
Excellent! Fixed the 3GS crashes and now has the new audio beep when the picture is in focus!
What's New in Version 1.3
* Added focus lock "beep" to aid in focusing
* Better flash behavior to expose pictures properly
* Fixed crash on non flash-enabled devices
What's New in Version 1.4
* Better network handling, images sent faster and more efficiently.
taptapsee requires a bit of preplanning to get results:
What's New in Version 1.5
* Translates announcement into local language
* New language support for various locales
* Focus beep suspended during VoiceOver announcements
TapTapSee - Now it speaks my native language!
How Fast and Accurate is TapTapSee for currency?
I'd be interested in comparisons between TapTapSee and LookTel Money Reader performance with foreign currencies. The latest update for LookTel Money Reader added support for recognizing the Brazilian Real. I tried running TapTapSee vs. LookTel Money Reader on various currency, and found that LookTel Money Reader was significantly faster in its identifications (at least on the dollars and Euros that I tried just now.) So I'd be curious whether anyone who has both apps can report back on the experience of using LookTel Money Reader vs TapTapSee for the new supported currencies:
British Pound (including new 50 Pound note)
Canadian Dollar (including new 20, 50 & 100 notes)
New Zealand Dollar
Saudi Arabian Riyal
United Arab Emirates Dirham
United States Dollar
Of course, LookTel Money Reader is a paid app that currently lists for $9.99, and TapTapSee is a free app.
I would love if...
Awesome app, but...
Just a thought
* Added "share" features
* Added save-to/load-from photo gallery
Guys, this new version is awesome!
Why still limited VoiceOver functionality?
* New icon and logo
* Refreshed about screen
* Some localizations updated
* Sharing text updated for Twitter
I Would Have Gladly Paid $15 For This App
Agree with Vitor
The best IOS app period.
just gotta say, I really like
TapTapSee in IOS7
Not working after IOS7
I tried the latest version
What's New in Version 2.1.0
* Added status bar for rotor compatibility
* Fixed issue with VoiceOver overlapping itself
* Enable/disable auto-flash
* Added Danish localization
* Fixed translations for certain "share" functions
TapTapSee version 2.1.1
Camera Roll Issue