Description of App
Zuzanka is the world's first expiry date scanner. The app makes it easy to locate expiration dates on food products, converts them to text format and allows export to other applications. Zuzanka was created to support the blind and visually impaired people, but it will be useful to anyone who wants to keep their kitchen tidy.
Having trouble finding the expiration date on the packaging? Can't see the small font that the date is written in? Do you want to check if the product in your fridge is still edible? The Zuzanka app is for you!
* Easily find the expiration date on the packaging. The guiding sounds generated by your device will help you with this. If the scanned date indicates that the product is expired, the application will additionally inform you about it.
* Wondering where to look for expiration dates? Check out the special section where we share our experience gained by taking several thousand photos of expiration dates.
* Do you have doubts whether the app recognized the date correctly? No problem. Share a photo with a friend. You can also zoom and rotate the scanned expiration date photo.
* Share the recognized date with e.g. to the Notes or Calendar app.
* Turn on the contrast mode and read the expiration date in a synthetic voice. You can also zoom in on the recognized date to make it easier to see. All buttons and fonts meet contrast requirements. You can customize them to your needs.
* The application is fully compatible with VoiceOver.
* Use haptic feedback to know when the scanner has started or detected a date without having to listen to sounds.
Zuzanka is the fulfillment of a need reported by a blind person with whom we work in the team. The release of the app was preceded by tests with blind and visually impaired users.
Do you want to report a problem in the functioning of the app? Have ideas on how to improve it? Feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use the app for free. To scan expiration dates, the app offers a free 2-week trial, free one scan once a day, free one-day access once a month for the first few months.
The app also offers in-app purchases that give you unlimited access to the expiry date scanning feature.
You can purchase a lifetime access and pay only once, or you can purchase auto-renewable subscription.
Auto-Renewable Subscription Terms:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of subscription purchase or at the end of the subscription free trial if any
Auto-renewable subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and will specify the cost of renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, if applicable.