Description of App
Chess King (https://learn.chessking.com/) is an unprecedented chess teaching app. In the program are included courses in tactics, strategy, openings, middle game, and endgame, split by levels from beginners to experienced players, and even professional players.
With the help of this program, you can improve your chess knowledge, learn new tactical tricks and combinations, and consolidate the acquired knowledge into practice.
The program acts as a coach who gives tasks to solve and helps to solve them if you get stuck. It will give you hints, explanations and show you even striking refutation of the mistakes you might make.
Some courses contain a theoretical section, which explains the methods of the game in a certain stage of the game, based on actual examples. The theory is presented in an interactive way, which means you can not only read the text of the lessons, but also to make moves on the board and work out unclear moves on the board.
Advantages of the program:
• High quality examples, all double-checked for correctness
• You need to enter all key moves, required by the teacher
• Different levels of complexity of the tasks
• Various goals, which need to be reached in the problems
• The program gives hint if an error is made
• For typical mistaken moves, the refutation is shown
• You can play out any position of the tasks against the computer
• Interactive theoretical lessons
• Structured table of contents
• The program monitors the change in the rating (ELO) of the player during the learning process
• Test mode with flexible settings
• Possibility to bookmark favorite exercises
• The application is adapted to the bigger screen of a tablet
• The application does not require an internet connection
• VoiceOver support
• In the app, courses are divided by themes and levels, so you can choose a most suitable course
Each course includes a free part, in which you can test the program and exercises. Lessons offered in the free version are fully functional. They allow you to test the application in real world conditions before purchasing a full version. Each course should be bought separately, but you can buy a subscription which gives you an access to all courses for a limited time. Important information about subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
You can study the following courses in the app:
• Learn Chess: From Beginner to Club Player
• Chess Strategy & Tactics
• Chess Tactics Art (1400-1800 ELO)
• Bobby Fischer
• Manual of Chess Combinations
• Chess Tactics for Beginners
• Advanced Defense (Chess Puzzles)
• Chess Strategy (1800-2400)
• Total Chess Endgames (1600-2400 ELO)
• CT-ART. Chess Mate Theory
• Chess Combinations
• Chess Middlegame
• Chess Strategy for Beginners
• CT-ART 4.0 (Chess Tactics 1200-2400 ELO)
• Mate in 1, 2, 3-4
• Elementary Chess Tactics
• Chess Opening Blunders
• Chess Endings for Beginners
• Chess Opening Lab (1400-2000)
• Chess Endgame Studies
• Capturing Pieces
• Chess Tactics in Sicilian Defense
• Chess Tactics in French Defense
• Chess Tactics in Caro-Kann Defense
• Chess Tactics in Grünfeld Defense
• Chess School for Beginners
• Chess Tactics in Scandinavian Defense
• Mikhail Tal
• Simple Defense
• Magnus Carlsen - Chess Champion