Submitted by robin24 on Thursday, July 25, 2013.
Friday, July 26, 2013
Description of App
DriveDx is advanced drive health diagnostic and monitoring utility. Unlike most drive utilities, DriveDx does not only monitor the drive’s built-in S.M.A.R.T. status, but also analyzes the changes of all drive health indicators that are closely related to SSD or HDD failures (like SSD wear out / endurance, reallocated bad sectors, offline bad sectors, pending sectors, I/O errors and more) and alerts the user immediately if anything goes wrong. Our drive health diagnostics algorithms are based on the recent researches in this field. The application provides access to all sufficient drive diagnostic data to satisfy any system administrator. DriveDx is the first utility of its kind to have a real user-friendly Mac-style interface. Key features:
- support of modern SSDs and HDDs
- real-time SSD/HDD health status monitoring
- pre-failure state early detection - DriveDx supports 3 drive health statuses: Ok, Failing (pre-failure) and Failed. (Most of drive utilities support only "Ok" and "Failed")
- drive failure prediction based on health indicators that are closely related to SSD or HDD failures
- multi-tier warning system that will inform the user about deviations from the normal state of drive attributes
- drive overall health rating
- drive overall performance rating (if drive supports this subset of indicators)
- SSD lifetime left indicator
- support of drive short and full (extended) self-tests
- save drive(s) health report to file
- automatic drive health reports by email (automatic email reports)
- human-readable drive health indicators (attributes) representation
- different routines for SSD and HDD health evaluation
- drive temperature monitoring
- history-based drive health evaluation
- S.M.A.R.T. error log
- Growl notifications
- user friendly and intuitive UI
- Retina displays support
Free or Paid
Version Of macOS App Was Tested On
This app is totally inaccessible, VoiceOver will only say 'unknown'.
The app is totally inaccessible.
0 people have recommended this app
Hey there. Thanks for the review. Have you contacted the developer and if so what do they say regarding accessibility? More and more apps are becomign this way and I really din't know why then the tools are right there in front of the devs.