Do you have a Mac and a blog? Do you wish you had an easy, accessible, and feature-rich program to help make writing and publishing your posts a snap? If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, then read on and enter to win a copy of MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more. MarsEdit is an accessible, feature-rich blogging app for Mac OS X, and it was recently demonstrated by Mike Malarsie in a podcast.
As described on the MarsEdit website, MarsEdit's features include:
Rich And HTML Text Editing
Whether you love HTML or can't bear the sight of it, MarsEdit's editor will thrill you. If you prefer the best of both worlds, you can switch easily between the two.
Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and any blog that supports a standard MetaWeblog or AtomPub interface.
Build a template to match your blog, then let MarsEdit's live preview show you how your posts will look before you publish them. Use Markdown? MarsEdit will preview that, too.
Your Editor Or Ours
Combine the power of MarsEdit with your favorite editor. Integrates cleanly with BBEdit, TextMate, WriteRoom, TextWrangler, or any editor that supports the ODBEditor suite.
Media At Your Fingertips
Quickly scan your iPhoto, Aperture, Lightroom, or Flickr libraries, and insert images into your blog post with the click of a button.
Easy File Uploads
Upload images and files directly to your blog, or attach them to a post for automatic upload-on-publish. MarsEdit will even resize them to suit your needs.
Add our “Blog This” bookmarklet to your browser's button bar. Now when you discover something cool, you can start a new MarsEdit post with the click of a button.
Write when you want to, without an internet connection. Fine-tune your masterpiece on the boat, plane, or train, and publish when you get back online.
The developers of MarsEdit have very generously given the AppleVis community two promo codes for the app. MarsEdit usually sells for $39.99.
To enter to win one of these codes, simply write a comment on this post, explaining why you wish to win a copy of MarsEdit. The contest will end at 7:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, April 8, 2016, and two winners will be selected by random drawing. Please read below for contest rules, including important information on how we will contact you if you win.
Important Contest Rules
- The MarsEdit giveaway ends at 7:59 p.m. PDT on Friday, April 8, 2016.
- Winners will be contacted via the e-mail address associated with their AppleVis accounts. Please check your profile to ensure that the address on file is correct, and do not include your e-mail address or other personal contact information in your comment.
- Winners will be notified no later than 7:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, April 11, 2016.
- Due to the high monetary value of this prize, winners must respond to our initial e-mail to confirm receipt before the code will be sent. Winners have until 7:59 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 to do this; failure to respond to our e-mail by this time will result in your forfeiting the prize, and a new winner will be selected.
- Members of the AppleVis Editorial Team, AppleVis Podcast Team, and AppleVis Blog Team--as well as their immediate families, or anyone else who may have an unfair advantage--are not eligible for this giveaway.