Below is the AppleVis live blog for the March 21, 2016 special event. Information has been taken directly from the @AppleVis Twitter timeline , as well as quoted from the Twitter timelines of [Mac Rumors Live](http://www.twitter.com/Mac Rumors Live) and 9to5mac. All external information is indicated as such with a source name, and all external tweets are in quotes.
- MacRumorsLive: more than 1 BILLION Apple devices in use around the world.
- 9to5Mac: "Tim Cook: 'Apple has responsibility to customers and country to privacy. Apple will not shrink.'"
- Lisa Jackson: Currently 93% of Apple offices, stores, data centers run off renewable energy. 100% in some countries.
- Apple using 100% renewable energy in 23 countries.
- 99% of Apple packaging comes from paper that is either recycled or sustainably managed.
- 9to5Mac: "Apple now has robots called Liam that can take apart iPhones for reuse and recycling.
- Apple announces CareKit,--a framework to build patient care apps.
- MacRumorsLive: "Example use of CareKit: Surgery followup. App guides you through things to do each day from exercising to taking medications after surgery."
- With CareKit, you can record data like temperature, accelerometer data, etc. You can share this info with your physician as well.
- CareKit will be available in April.
- Brand new colors for bands, and a new band.
- Apple introduces a woven nylon band for the Apple Watch.
- New colors for the Sport and leather bands for the Watch.
- New Space Black Milanese loop as well.
- Apple Watch now starts at $299 for the 38Mm and $349 for the 42Mm.
- Apple TV: Organize your apps into folders on the Apple TV. Dictate text into text fields. Siri for the App Store.
- tvOS 9.2 will be released today.
- The new 4-inch iPhone is the iPhone SE. Aluminum design. Curved edges.
- iPhone SE has the A9 processor--same as the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
- iPhone SE has a 12 MP camera.
- iPhone SE can capture live photos.
- MacRumorsLive: "With A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor, iPhone SE has always-on "Hey Siri" capabilities."
- MacRumorsLive: "New iPhone SE includes A9 chip, 12 megapixel camera, front camera flash, Apple Pay, Touch ID, faster LTE."
- MacRumorsLive: "iPhone SE has 'incredible' battery improvements and a 12-megapixel camera -- same as the camera in the iPhone 6s."
- MacRumorsLive: "iPhone SE $399/16GB, $499/32GB, available March 31! 100 countries by end of May."
- iPhone SE is free on a 2-year contract.
- iOS 9: 80% adoption. The latest Android version: 2% adoption.
- Night Shift shifts colors to the warmer end of the spectrum at night.
- You can now secure notes in the Notes app using Touch ID and a passcode.
- Suggested apps now appear right in the Health App.
- 9to5Mac: "iOS 9.3 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch will be available today."
- Apple launching a new suite of software and capabilities for iPad in the classroom in iOS 9.3.
9.7-inch iPad Pro
- Over 1 million iPad apps now in the App Store.
- Apple announces a new iPad, the 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro starts with the same materials as in the 12-inch model.
- 9to5Mac: "9.7-inch Pro display. Low reflective. Brightest 500nits of light. TrueTone Display."
- Apple Insider reporting the new iPad Pro weighs less than 1 pound.
- New 9.7-inch iPad pro has 4 speakers. Twice the audio volume of an iPad Air 2.
- New 9.7-inch iPad pro has the M9 motion coprocessor. Supports Hey Siri.
- A Smart Keyboard for the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro is available. Other accessories as well.
- iPad Pro starts with 32GB at $599. 128GB $749. 256GB also available.
- Pre-orders begin 3/24 and the iPad Pro is available on 3/31.