It seems that Apple has recently implemented some server-side updates to its Subscription Management display, which have introduced problems for VoiceOver users. As a result, apps or services listed on the screen are no longer accessible or locatable, rendering management of subscriptions unusable for those who rely on VoiceOver.
This behaviour is present if you access the subscription management screen via the App Store or at Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions
Steps to reproduce
- Ensure that VoiceOver is enabled.
- Open the App Store.
- Navigate to the Today tab.
- Double tap with 1-finger on the My Account button.
- Double tap with 1-finger on the Subscriptions button.
- Perform a 4-finger single tap on the top half of the screen so as to place VoiceOver focus on to the first UI element on this screen.
- Flick right with 1-finger repeatedly to move VoiceOver focus through all UI elements on this screen.
You should find that VoiceOver focus skips any apps or services listed on this screen. It is also impossible to locate these by touch.
Note that this same subscription management screen is also located at Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions