App works on iPhone SE2020 with VO but not on 12Pro

Forum
iOS and iPadOS

I have an issue which has me stumped. Our local transit provider has just begun operating an on-demand service. I have downloaded the booking app, go2 by MATS, onto both my SE2020 and my iPhone 12-Pro. It works well on the SE2020 but voiceover doesn't recognize that there are any controls or text when I open it on the 12-Pro. Both phones are running IOS 14.6. I even set the 12-pro voice to the same one as I am using on the SE. I've checked every other setting to see if there are any differences which might account for this discrepency. I've uninstalled and re-installed the app several times and have restarted the 12-Pro. I'd love any suggestions as to how I can get the app to work on my 12-Pro. Thanks all.

Options

Comments

Submitted by Lee on Saturday, June 26, 2021

Hi Have you confirmed this isn't the ongoing Screen Recognition issue? If not you can quickly try the following
1 once you are in the app go to the app switcher.
2 use the rota to find screen recognition and make sure it is turned off
3 go back into the app.
You could also try going to the accessibility section and deleting and redownloading all screen recognition settings. This is an issue with a lot of apps so maybe this is the issue here.
hth

Submitted by xenacat3 on Saturday, June 26, 2021

In reply to by Lee

I turned the screen recognition off and on numerous times while in the app. However, I didn’t realize you could change it while in the app switcher. That seems to have fixed it and I’ve learned something new. Thanks