I have resisted my temptation to upgrade to iOS14 for a long time. After the painful experience of iOS13.
I have read many posts about problems and I am really hesitant because the only thing that I seem to like is the OCR recognition of the webpages. My questions are as follows:
1. Is the jumping focus bug fixed? From what I recall also in Google search which I use a lot and also in Safari the focus jumps a lot and it is really problematic to navigate some webpages. Is this still true for many of you?
2. From what I read, in the mail app, when you delete an email the focus jumps back into the beginning of the inbox. This was introduced in iOS13 and never got really fixed although it is appeared fixed according to the bug report here in applevis. But from my last understanding it was not fixed in iOS14 either. Since some people use to get this bug and some not is there anybody who had the issue in iOS13 but got it fixed in iOS14?
3. Is voice recognition automatic, for example from some posts I read, understood that some things are read automatically. However when OCR recognition is turned on specifically, I understand that some times it is very annoying. I have seen only a couple of games that are better, so I am not sure if it's worth it only for that to upgrade to iOS14.
4. The other reason I wanted to upgrade, was because Siri would be smarter, but it's not the case. Siri is smarter no matter what the iOS version but Apple market it, so that people who listened to the iOS14 original presentation thought that this was only an iOS14 fix.
5. Have you had any issues that made your experience worse in iOS14 than iOS13? What are your thoughts?
Thank you very much for your replies.
P.S. I got burned for six months waiting for all the issues (except the mail jumping back) to be fixed, so I prefer not to upgrade just to be on the safe side. However since all of us want to believe that newer is better, can you persuade me? :-)