Just a quick update to say WG 4.1.0 has been released.
Unfortunately there appears to be a bug with the smart forecast on the watch, for which I can only apologise. The alternative is to use the Voiceover Smart Conditions in one of the other watch complication slots.
With regards to the update, the main points of interest ...
1. We have hyperlocal weather for the main app, watch, widgets and notifications
2. You can now assign a weather station to any location - you might need to increase the search radius if not many stations show up. Once assigned you can tap the weather station details button to dig into all of the weather station data, including data points such as solar radiation, cloud ceiling, light amount etc I have laid out the view as a set of weather station instruments and there are links if you want to find out more about these instruments.
3. The edit weather station view lists all the nearby weather stations and is quite handy if you want to swipe through all the stations and get a short weather summary.
4. Storm threats now includes approaching and nearby lightning counts.
5. The alerts list on the watch app can now be tapped to get the full alert details on the watch, saving a trip back to the app.
6. Wind descriptions can be switched off; a number of users asked for this feature as it cuts down on the amount of text read by Voiceover.
I have also tried to solve some of the problems associated with notifications when you have a new device and restore from backup. Occasionally the process of restoration breaks our notifications in such a way that they just don't come back. There is now a reset notifications button which runs a bunch of actions to try and restore the broken notifications. It doesn't remove any notifications you have assigned to locations, that part is still intact. During my testing, the reset button seems to work well. Please give it a try if you are not receiving notifications or let other people know if they also have this problem.
Finally many thanks to all the beta testers (this was a big update) and all our translators who also had a lot to translate!
Have a good weekend!