What’s on your iOS 13 wish list?
Since we are only two weeks away from Wwdc what are you looking forward to in Ios 13?
Would like email to be able to forward to message instead of mail. For example I get an email and want to send to someone but I do not have the person email, I can just send it as a message. When sharing you have many choices. I think email should do the same. How many people check email all the time. Most use message.
Hello everyone. I would like to have new English voices, and a voice for Spanish Colombian voice.
I would like to see more Siri improvements. It would be nice if Siri can delete messages or emails. Also new voices would be cool. Curious as to how the home screen will be designed.
I'm looking forward to beta testing this year. It's always a mistery to see what's new, as Apple themselves does not tell public beta testers. for features, my one thing I'd like is the ability to use Alex for Siri.
It would be nice if we could speed up the Siri voice. Also, it would be nice if we could do local things such as open an app using siri without an internet connection. When I'm at work, the wifi connection is poor and the cell signal in many cases is as well so it would be nice if we could still use Siri because it shouldn't need an internet connection just to open an app or open voiceover settings etc.
Ok, my iOS 13 wishlist includes the following, but I know because of the sandbox control, these will never be a reality, ☹️ but I can dream, can't I? So first I wish for downloads to be possible in safari, it would just make life so much easier. I also wish for apple to allow apps like amadeus pro, audio hijack, and youtube to mp3 on iOS, then I wouldn't have to lug a computer everywhere. Anyway, as unrealistic as it is, that's my ios 13 wishlist, interpret it as you will, ☺️
I would very much like to see the following in iOS13:
* An option to disable the language detection that seems to be built-in in VoiceOver. I get emails in three different languages, but it's not always that VoiceOver detects the correct language and it refuses to change reading language, even if I change the language on the router. It's very annoying not to be able to disable this feature, like I can do with JAWS on my computer. If I get an English email, I want it in English, not in Dutch. If I get a Dutch email, I want it in (you guessed it) Dutch and NOT Swedish. And so on. The language detection would probably be less annoying if it detected languages correctly, but it doesn't. Also, perhaps I want to read Dutch emails/websites/whatever with the English VO and not the Dutch. Then I should be able to choose that. So, I hope for a byebye-option for language detection.
* The possibility to reposition Language on the router again. It's been impossible for several iOS-versions now, it's time to get that fixed.
* Since I'm using a braille display with my phone nowadays, it'd be nice if Apple could solve the braille-related bugs iOS12 has.
* It'd be cool if you could have Siri understand and respond to more than one language without having to manually switch Siri language and voice. Not an infinite number of course, that would be too much technicalities I think, but say a total of 3-5 languages at the same time. That'd let users dictate messages through Siri also if the receiver doesn't speak their selected phone/standard Siri language. It'd also make it easier to ask for directions in countries that doesn't have city names in your standard Siri language.
Perhaps she could do it with an extra prompt, like: "Siri, send a message to Alex in Russian". She'd get the hint and ask what I'd like to say and read the message back in the requested voice. Something like that.
* It'd also be nice if they could fix the bug that makes the clock sometimes irresponsive if you're trying to set an alarm through the icon in the Control Center. I can open the clock, I can see the alarms, but I can't always turn them on or off. Kind of diminishes the handiness of having the icon in the Control Center in the first place.
One can always dream, right? ;)
(Perhaps there are more things that'd be great to see in iOS13, but these were the first that popped up.)
it would be cool if iOS 13 would allow the installation of more English voices like the kneyo speech voices
This is my long list of feature requests.
Character pronunciation dictionary:
I would like to modify the pronunciation of individual characters, punctuation, symbols, or emoji. The current pronunciation dictionary does not work for these. It doesn't even work on "words" that contain any special characters. Often I would just like to silence certain characters completely.
I would like to filter mail so that certain subjects would be considered VIP and others would be put in my receipts or another specific folder. I especially would like to filter out a bunch of predictable spam this way.
I would love the ability to send either VoiceOver or media audio out of the lightning audio jack or to bluetooth without sending both audio sources. I know this is possible with Airplay, but it currently isn't with either wired or bluetooth headsets and speakers.
3rd party use of Siri voices:
It would be great to use a Siri voice in VoiceDream.
Ability to set a long press of the up or down volume buttons to cary out a specific action. Most of the time i just want skip forward or back without having to use a headset or use the lock screen. Others might have other things they'd like to do with them.
I would also like to be able to create a Siri shortcut to connect to a specific bluetooth device.
Yes, just like a lot of other people, I wish Siri could cary out a few simple actions without having an internet connection.
I would like to be able to save and transfer Voiceover settings from one device to another. I especially don't want to loose my extensive modifications to my braille display commands and my labels for images and buttons.
I wish when Voiceover switched languages automatically it would at least use the Voice I choose for that language instead of deciding on one itself. I tend to hate the default voice for every language. I need a specific voice and speed for each. I have even set up a second English Voice in my language rotor so that I could switch to it and thereby prevent most auto-switching. I keep the Siri voice speaking at its normal speed for my default/primary voice for when I either want to allow the language switching to happen, or want to let a sighted person understand what my phone is saying.
At this point, I have a very short wish list for things I'm hoping for in ios 13. At this point, all I want is for the female us siri voice to be a little less crashy/more stable; finding that my phone is restarting VO more and more often. It only takes a second, but it's weird and annoying, which leads to the only other item on my wishlist for now. I hope that Apple fixes the recently introduced quirk where VO announces portrait every time the phone restarts or whenever VO is re-enabled. It's a very minor thing, I know, but I won't be sad to see it go. At the moment, those are the only things I'm truly hoping for. More voices would be awesome, but I certainly won't get my hopes up for those. What I'd really like to see is more attention paid to VO on the apple tv. That user experience has been pretty rough, IMO, since TVOS 9.0 or so.
I will try and confine myself to what I imagine is realistic. So, for example, the ability to use IVona Brian as my Voiceover default voice doesn't make the list:
1. Unbreak the broken things introduced recently with the bleedi'n UK Siri female voice! no more choppy syllables please!
2. The files app was a decent step forward, but I would like a less clunky way of opening files in particular apps than the use of the 'share' button. As someone wrote on here a while back, notwithstanding the file browser, IOS hasn't replicated the efficiency of a laptop because of having to use the hsare hseet.
3. Alex is great, but how about expanding his horizons? Couldn't Alex be localised to UK English, Australian english etc.? Could he learn French? i know I could use alex as he is, but I prefer to read things in my own dialect.
4. Safari really needs to have the ability to download files.
5. I still find it very annoying how, when a voicemail plays, the fact that it defaults to the earpiece makes it very difficult to use voiceover while a voicemail is playing. I'm not doing very well at describing this problem, but I hope folk know what I mean and I wish it could be sorted out.
6. I'd love to be able to use the files app with an external SD card reader or even some kind of lightning to USB adapter for memory sticks. I think there are some solutions of this type out there, but nothing that I know of which works seamlessly with the files app.
7. it would be great if IOS13 could allow you to print your own banknotes.
The only thing I'd kinda like to see in iOS 13 is the addition of the novelty voices that are available on the Mac. If this cannot be done for whatever reason I won't throw my iPhone 7 out the window or down the toilet or any such thing, but it'd be kinda cool. One other thing though that I'd like to see is an enhancement to the Touch ID and passcode settings. Turning off the passcode altogether just does not seem to work on my end for whatever reason. I realize the passcode thing is probably a security measure, and that's all well and good. However, I think that there should be perhaps 2 slide controls: one which would control the frequency of asking for one's passcode or disabling it completely, and another for the volume of the clicks that are or aren't heard when entering in the digits. I have touch ID enabled for certain things on my phone, and it has worked great. But I'm one of those people who just finds it much easier to enter in my passcode when my phone is on a flat surface. I find those time-outs really annoying. But again, this is a security thing and I'm by no means taking issue with that.
I like to be able to use siri on bahasa indonesia, for mi is verry use ful.
I wasn't going to post anything regarding iOS13, but one suggestion was so good I have to echo it. Bingo, I'm all in favor of your number 7; that is, "it would be great if IOS13 could allow you to print your own banknotes." I run out of hundred dollar bils way too often! I am smiling as I say and write this and no that no insult is intended.
How about that?
I have an interesting wish: iOS13 should not support iPhone SE. The iPhone SE is fast enough in my opinion and if it supports iOS13 I'm afrade that it will slow down.
Hi all. For me, I'd like to see some new sounds get added. I'm not a fan of the novelty voices, so if they don't show up, i'm fine with that. I'd love to see a couple of more rings added and maybe some more text sounds. i don't feel like spending a dollar for a five second sound effect. I'd like sounds to be louder as well. Very often, my phone's buried in my purse, and when everyone and their mother has the phone set to old phone, people are looking down. Is that me? You? I'd like to see the pronunciation of characters like ' be better. That's really about it.
I am afraid that Apple will not surprise us anything and will not add anything new.
What's worse, I'm afraid that there will be more errors.
1. I want to modify the level of sound effects since I used to hear recordings from iPad and they are of low sound levels and sound effects are annoying me when raising the iPhone or iPad sound to high levels.
2. Change sound levels of voiceover compared to iPhone system. It would be helpful in watching youtube videos with low sounds.
3. I hope they make language router available everywhere.
4. Shortcut for enabling/disabling auto change the router to a specific value. I need it when moving across mails of many paragraphs.
5. Siri works offline at least for most used commands.
6. voiceover sometimes stops doing anything other than going home or similar gestures. It stops pressing buttons. In some messenger apps (e.g. Facebook messenger) ,it's focus is not very consistent. I hope it would be more stable and related to my moving finger focus.
In other words, when I move finger to a specific message ,then swipe left, voiceover focus may get to the end of chat.
Sometimes, voiceover automatically goes to a very previous page of chat. That's annoying. I hope it could be fixed.
7. Allow more usage for volume buttons to perform quick actions.
8. I don't whether this is available now in shortcuts , but I'll say it anyway. I hope I could make a shortcut including many applications. e.g. "new lecture": a shortcut that open recorder application (and I should specify the. recording app) and open new note.
9. I hope I could ask Siri to "shutdown" and it shuts down the device.
10. add Apple Pencil support on iPhones. It would be very useful for people on the go to take notes on their iPhones.
11. Start conversation mode in Siri. Just say hi Siri or long press home/side button and don't need to call it again. I could just say a new request and it just replies.
12. I hope they could add a button in Siri beside listen and help buttons to change language directly.
I would like siri to be able to post to facebook or twitter again like she was able to do earlier. That's a quick way to do things when you want to post a quick status update or tweet. As far as new things, I would love for the ability to set do not disturb for spacific apps when it comes to notifications. That way you could, for instance set the male app so that you only get notifications of new emails durring work hours. Also it would be nice to see do not disturb be location spacific. For instance, lets say that you always go to the same restaurant a lot. Rather than taking out your phone just to put on do not disturb , it could do it automatically by using frequent locations in system services. Basically it would work like this. Frequent locations would show where you go like it always does, but on each location would be an option called set do not disturb for this location
I would also like to see more new features in iOS 13:
1. New ringtones and text tones.
2. The option to create your own ringtones and text tones directly within the settings app.
3. A block this caller option on the incoming call screen so that I don't have to go to the phone app and block the unknown number from there.
4. I wonder what would happen if Apple did add the novelty voices.
In another universe apple uses alexa because she much better than siri. Siri is slow, does not work well all the time and after so many years she still slow. The so call shortcuts does not count. They are nice but did not do anything to make her better.
one thing i'd love to see in ios 13 is the ability to be able to talk to another contact with a walkietalkie feature from 1 ios device to another like apple watches can
1. Now that we can use "Hey Siri" with the new Airpods, I would like the ability to be able to run other apps from the locked screen. Since FaceID is now used to unlock phones rather than a finger touch, one can't easily unlock the phone without taking it out of a pocket. It would be nice if one could use "Hey Siri" to run an app in this situation. The list of apps that can curretnly be run from the locked screen is very limited.
2. People these days use more numerous and more coplex structures of mail folders. I would like to be able to collapse sub-folders in mail so that I don't have to see the entire folder structure open all the time. This makes it difficult to find the folder one is looking for without a lot of swiping.
3. Someone mentioned listening to voice mails. I would like to see this work as it does with ordinary phone calls, i.e., if you hold the phone away from your ear the voice message audio should come out of the speaker so that you can hear it. It is difficult to hit the speaker button while trying to listen to a quiet message through the ear piece.
4. It would also be nice to be able to see all of the files on my system as one could on any computer. I appreciate Apple security in hiding all of this stuff, but really...We are grown ups these days with computers!
5. I would also like to see additional gestures that could be used with the Airpods. Why can't we tap three times to get another specific function on each ear for example?
6. I would also like the keyboard help with VoiceOver give better feedback for hotkeys when using a bluetooth keyboard.
Anyway, I'm sure there is more, but I would like to see some of the above. Good as the system is now, there is always room for improvement!
I would like to be able to see the Apple Maps work like the Google maps in this way. I would like to be able to send my directions and a map of the directions directly to my iPhone. I would also like to be able to download custom maps or your home area to the iPhone directly. This would make it possible to always have the map on your iPhone so you would not be needing to use data from the Apple servers.
Hi I would like the ability for 3rd party TTS to be used system wide.
For iOS13, I’d like to see the following improvements:
1.-Expand Siri Shortcuts to be able to play a Spotify album, Playlist or song without having to manually open Spotify first, directly from Siri. In TuneIn Radio, without first having to open TuneIn, ask Siri to play a specific station, or podcast, thus expanding Siri Shortcuts and functionality to be like other Smart spoken systems from other companies like Google, Amazon etc.
2.-Within VoiceOver’s verbosity settings, be able to choose how one wants to hear numbers (digit by digit, or whole numbers.
Within the Lgnauge rotor in VoiceOver, Apple please fix the bug in which for instance I set my rotor language to English, for being better able to understand and interact with an English-only app, Internet site etc.All of a sudden, the rotor language switches back to the Default language, in which the language-detection is activated! Thus the hassel of having to again rotor back to the Tom voice!
4.-For iOS13 to be available on iPHones SE; lots of blind folks here in Latin america would benefit tons from this. Because of their cheaper costs, lots of iPHone blind users is the model which is affordable to them, if wanting to upgrade their devices, or if a friend or family wants to pass their used devices to.
Hi. I like what was said about Dnd. and choosing which apps. I'd like to have that, and an exception for different notifications. For example, all other notifications from all other apps are silenced. Except for severe weather alerts from Weather Gods. This is just an example.
Also, I'd like to be able to have audio from a magazine or audiobook come out of the bluetooth, but not Vo. I find Ro. is slower when I'm connected to bluetooth. Basically, the book would play through my echo for example, & Vo. would play via the ipad.
Well, since this hasn't been suggested yet, I'm going to suggest it here.
My wish for iOS 13 is new VoiceOver sounds. I do like the sounds in there current state, but I'm sure these sounds are pretty much getting old on the ears. If memory serves me right, back in ios 7 apple changed some of the system sounds, like the charging sound when the phone is plugged in, and some of the updated ringtones, but why not the VoiceOver sounds? Again, as I said before the sounds are pretty good, but I think they could be a little more modernized. What do you think?
Another wish I would like to see is the ability to report accessibility bugs to apple within the software. In windows screen reading programs such as jaws for windows, when an error occurs, you have the ability to send it directly to freedom scientific for further investigation. Instead of taking screen shots and sending them to the accessibility email address, make it possible for the process to be completely automated, with minimal interaction for the end user.
I'd also really like the old keyboard sounds back. They were snappier and much easier to hear. Now, I have to wonder, was that a period? Space? I liked how easy it was to figure out what you were doing. As for the voice over sounds, not sure how you could improve them. I'd also really like it if, in messages, they'd stop the are you sure you want to delete this? Then, Performed action. It doesn't do this in Mail, or anything else. It's kind of annoying in my view. I don't always like the hand holding approach. Or as with other settings, let us choose how we want things done. I do agree with the digits or pairs in numbers someone suggested.
Fix that audio bug with screen recording already! Having to forward my video to splice is so dumb, and the audio isn't stereo anymore when I do that. I guess it's better than not having any audio at all, but seriously!
I believe I have found a situation where is this would be applicable within the control center. When I go to access items within the control center, I do not have the full access to use the item within the control center it’s self. A good example of this is the timer, I can go set the time in the timer, but I cannot start the timer. I have to go to the clock to start the timer. Or switch frum the clock back to the control center itself.
I personally agree about the VoiceOver sounds. I know the Mac has lots of VoiceOver sounds indicating several things, it'd be nice if we at least received some sounds from there.
And now, for my wish list:
• More ringtones and text tones. These ones are getting old, and it's frustrating to try and pick a tone. I've been stuck with the tones "Opening" and "Summit" for ages now. I believe that it may be time for a change.
• Downloads in Safari, especially audio. Sometimes I'll try and download an audio file, but rather than downloading it, Safari opens a media player and starts playing it. This is rather annoying, because then I have to go use my computer and download the audio file.
• Keyboard sounds. The sounds as of now are very quiet and dull. I liked the older keyboard sounds, they were easy to hear and were rather loud.
• Will probably never happen, but it'd be nice to preview an app before downloading. For example, the device would download a demo of the app, and you can use it for an hour, then it will ask you if you want to keep the app, which downloads the actual app to your device and removes the demo, or delete it, so that you don't end up downloading at all.
• Send longer videos. A friend of mine was trying to send me a video of my performance drumming at a Talent Show, and she had to send me two separate clips due to the limit. It'd be nice to extend the clip limit to say 10 minutes.
• Siri needs a speed boost. I've had trouble either getting Siri to actually do something, or failing and having it not hear me all together. Sometimes simple phrases like "Call Mom" result in a "What can I help you with" response.
• Windows inside windows. Since iOS 11, windows some reason appear inside other windows. This is confusing, because I have to flick left nr right, looking for the newly opened window. In iOS 10, I was able to open a window, and the rest of the content in the previous window would go away, and the new window would replace it.
• Braille issues! We need them fixed! We've gone through a 9 month period of misery due to the fact that Apple hasn't fixed braille display issues since iOS 12 was even released. We could use a fix anytime now, and hopefully it's in iOS 13.
• Declining a call. It'd be nice for more ways to decline calls. Sometimes I have to physically remove my iPho from my pocket and flick to the Decline button, or hit the volume button on my iPhone to silence it. Maybe a magic tripple tap could Decline, so a trippbe tap with two fingers.
And that's basically my list. I know some of these may be close to impossible, but hopefully something's figured out during the beta period of iOS 13.
I’d love to see more options for BSI or it as its own Apple Keyboard. Allowing you to use the keyboard as a full system keyboard with out using the roter. And also letting you edit advanced stuff and not have to keep using the roter to change to edit something then change back.
Performed action can be turned off in voiceover settings.
The present equalizer in my not too humble opinion is lower than trash; every computer since the great flood seems to have this trashy piece of software junk. So, lets have a proper 10 band equalizer with the ability to store the desired configuration. Of course, each band should have a decent plus-minus range so that one can actually hear the difference.
I would also appreciate more direct access to said equalizer directly from the audio or video app being used rather than having to plough through a swarm of settings to do the same job.
How about the same things that are in share where you have email, message and so on if you want to share something. Be nice that in forward they add message. If I had a email that I want to send via message itinstead of email. Having choices be nice.
I don't know about anyone else, but ever since I downloaded ios 13.1.2, It has been a real challenge in using Voice Over. So bad that I ended up calling Apple. He told me that they're working on clearing out the bugs. He also said the more feedback they can get with specific issues visually impaired/blind users are experiencing, the better and quicker the bugs can be worked out. So he said I could post the direct Apple Accessibility Support phone number below for others to call and give their feedback. Too many of us blind folks depend on our iPhones using Voice Over, so please let's support each other on this one and give Apple the feedback they need to keep Voice Over running smoothly as it did in times past. Thanks and here is the phone number: