I'm visually impaired and can't read anything on a white background because of the glare. On my Mac I use browser extensions like Dark Reader (Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera), Night Eye (Safari) and Dark Text and Light Background (Firefox). The latter I can also use on my Android phone.
I've done a little research and it seems like the closest thing I can do on an iPhone is to use Smart Invert, but I've got a number of questions and was wondering if someone on here might be able to help?
1. Can it be enabled all the time in conjunction with ios13 dark theme? Would this give me a consistently dark experience?
2. What's the contrast like? I saw a couple of ios 11 screenshots that looked a bit dim but I wasn't 100% sure. Has anyone used both smart invert and some of these extensions and could let me know how they stack up?
3. Does it also work for html email?
4. Are there any downsides to using it? Does it drain battery, or is it a resource hog? Is it pretty stable? Does it cause other parts of the system to become unreadable?
5. Does it play well with VoiceOver?
5. Does it matter what model iphone I use re performance?
The main reason I am thinking of jumping ship to ios is to start getting used to VoiceOver, which I will no doubt need reasonably imminently. Plus apps like Seeing AI look pretty useful.
Any help would be much appreciated.