Cannot connect to server, 1004

Forum
macOS & Mac Apps

I have the MacBook Air released this year. Ever since the last update to Sierra, I've had an OS update that won't finish. I initially had the same problem with the update to Sierra, but I was eventually able to get it to work. But everytime I try to update "Remote Desktop Client Update" to version 3.9.3, I get, "An error has occurred. Could not connect to the server, 1004. I've tried every fix I could find on Google. Other apps have updated, and I have Internet, so I don't think it's the connection. When I try to connect the MacBook to the Internet using my phone's connection, the update times out, and I get a different error.

Options

Comments

Submitted by Justin on Monday, July 31, 2017

Hmm, I can't think of anything except for maybe something on there end that is causing the issue. Maybe try getting in contact with apple and giving the issue/steps you are taking and see what they say?

Submitted by david s on Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hello,

Since the update is part of the app store, I would try the suggestion here.
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4293

Personally, I haven’t seen this error so I can’t say for certain the above will work. If you feel uncomfortable trying that, you can try calling apple support.

HTH and good luck.

Submitted by Brooke on Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, and unfortunately it didn't work. Looks like it's time to give Apple a call.