Hi everyone. I appoligize if this topic has been posted here before, but I'm thinking of buying a mac to replace my windows desktop that unexpectedly quit working several months ago. Right now I'm using a windows ten laptop running NVDA. The mac I'm interested in is the mac minny. Here are the questions I need answered before I make the hour long trip to the closest apple store to buy one.
1. How easy is the mac to learn for somebody who has used windows?
2. What does the mac minny come with in terms of keyboard, mouse, etc?
3. If no keyboard or hardware is supplied with the device, can I use the hardware that came with the windows desktop?Examples, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and printer.
4. Once I have the mac minny hooked up with the hardware, will I need sighted help to turn on voiceover during the set up process?
5. If sighted help is not needed during the set up process, what is the command to turn on voiceover?
6. What are some things I should know about the operation of the mac in general?
7. What antivirus apps can be used with voiceover? These apps can be paid or free, it doesn't matter.
8. For the following tasks, what apps would you suggest? Keeping a diary/journal. Writing documents other than a diary/journal. Checking email. Keeping in contact with friends and family. Using twitter. And listening to radio stations.
9If I can think of more questions, I'll update this post.