I've been a member here for quite some time.
In 2015, I relented, giving my trusty iPhone 5s to my mother and switching over to android.
Now, 1 year later, I now have my old 5s back and am looking to buy the apple watch to go along with it.
A few questions!
1. Where is the apple watch category in the apps section of applevis? I'm not seeing it, despite there being standalone apps for the watch. Am I missing something?
2. How do I know which apps have accompanying watch apps to go along with their iPhone counterparts before I actually get the watch in my hands, or is there no way to tell? Very curious on accessibility of said apps, which is why I'm bringing this up.
3. What do people average for batterylife? Has anyone used the 38 mm vs. 42 mm and notice a difference?
4. How is it for alarms? I have a fitbit flex right now and one particularly nice feature is the ability to vibrate when an alarm is triggered. Does the apple watch do the same? Or is it too bulky to fall asleep with. As far as that goes, how is it to charge? How long does it take?
I'm going to go on a wim here and say it doesn't track your sleep like fitbit does?
5. I work out, lift weights, etc. I'm terrified of scratching or denting the aluminum of the watch. Has anyone had this happen? e.g. something hard smacking against either the watch or the band. Not that I'd intentionally be trying to make this happen, but one reason I'm buying it is for the fitness aspect.
6. And finally, what do all the bands look like? What are peoples preferred types?
7. Oh, one more question! By using a 5s, am I missing out on any of the watches capabilities?
thanks, and sorry for all the questions!