In this podcast, Michael Hansen gives us a walk-through and demonstration of KNFBReader, an app which allows blind or print-disabled users accurate and efficient access to printed text.
Some of KNFBReader's features include:
- Fast, accurate, and efficient mobile text recognition that delivers near instantaneous results.
- Reading modes for books, articles and labels, bills and memos.
- Synchronized text highlighting with high quality speech and Braille output.
- Field of view report to assist with aligning the camera relative to the document.
- Tilt guidance feature to assist with capturing the perfect picture of a document.
- Automatic text detection to enable hands-free operation.
- Ability to import, OCR, and read image-based pdf and jpg files
- Export txt and html formatted text files to cloud storage services including Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Batch scan mode to process and read multiple pages.
- Recognize and read text in multiple languages; please visit our website for details.
- Additional features including language translation, text editing, and more coming soon.
KNFBReader is currently a $99 download in the App Store.