Hugo walks us through putting on the sensor and Bluetooth transmitter using the provided applicator; activating and calibrating the sensor; removing the sensor, and using the companion iOS app.
The Dexcom G6 System provides personalized trend alerts right on your smart device and lets you see when your glucose levels are going too low, or too high, so you can better manage your diabetes. The Alert Schedule feature lets you schedule and customize a second set of alerts. For example, you can set the schedule to match your work hours and have different alert settings during the rest of the day. Custom alert sounds are available, including a Vibrate-Only option on the phone for glucose alerts other than the Urgent Low Alarm.
The Always Sound setting allows you to receive certain Dexcom CGM Alerts even if your phone sound is off, set to vibrate, or in Do Not Disturb mode. This will allow you to silence calls or texts but still receive audible CGM Alerts, including Low and High Glucose alert, Urgent Low Soon Alert, Urgent Low Alarm, and Rise and Fall Rate alerts. Please note that when your phone is set to Silent or Do Not Disturb, you will not receive any audible alerts for Signal Loss. Always Sound is on by default. A Home screen icon shows you if your Alerts will sound or not. For safety, three alerts cannot be silenced: Urgent Low Alarm, Transmitter Failure, and Sensor Failure.
In addition to the accurate performance provided by the Dexcom Sensor, you’ll receive other valuable features:
- Share your glucose data with up to ten followers in real time. Followers can monitor your glucose data and trends in real time on their compatible smart device with the Dexcom Follow app. Share and Follow functions require an internet connection.
- Health app access so you can share retrospective glucose data with third party apps
- Today View widget, which allows you to view your glucose data on the lock screen of your smart device
- Add a shortcut to Siri to run by asking Siri to read your current glucose value, using a custom phrase.
- A Dexcom CLARITY link on the landscape trend graph lets you easily transition to the CLARITY App to view more information on your glucose trends
View your glucose information, trend graph, and alerts and alarms right from your wrist with the Dexcom G6 Apple Watch app.
- Use the digital crown to scroll through 1, 3, or 6 hours of glucose trend data
- Dexcom G6 watch face complications allow you to view your glucose number and arrow from your watch face
- Add the Dexcom G6 app to the Dock and enable background refresh for best performance