In this podcast, Carla gives us an in-depth look at FileBrowser - Access files on remote computers, an iOS app that enables you to manage and view files across a number of locations. These include Windows, Mac and Linux computers; Time Capsule, NAS and WiFi drives. You can also connect to a number of cloud services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, WebDAV, FTP and SFTP.
- View Microsoft Office documents.
- View Apple Pages, Numbers, KeyNote files.
- View any text file.
- PDF and Image file Annotator.
- Save edited files back to any storage.
- Zip and Unzip files & folders.
- Store email attachments.
- Capture photos to PDF - great for filing expenses.
- Sync documents to all your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Supports iOS multi-tasking / split-screen.
- Copy multiple files and folders in one go.
- Select a group of files on Dropbox, for example, and copy them to your home Mac, PC, NAS, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, WebDAV, or FTP server.
- Manage and organize storage using Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, Create Folder.
- Easily transfer files between devices, such as iPhone to iPad.
- Download files from the Web and store them locally, password protected.
- Bookmark folders for 1-touch access.
AirPlay, ChromeCast and Amazon Fire:
- Watch a slideshow of your photos on your HDTV via AirPlay™, Amazon Fire TV or Chromecast.
- Stream your movies to your HDTV using AirPlay™ or Chromecast.
- Listen to your music using AirPlay™ or Chromecast device.
- Browse & view photos stored anywhere, even raw formats.
- Free up storage on your iPad/iPhone and still access all your photos.
- Upload and download photos from your iPhone and iPad Camera Roll.
- Rapid swipe to scroll & pinch to zoom.
- Automatic thumbnail extraction.
- Stream movies across your home network.
- No need to wait for them to sync or copy to your iPad or iPhone.
- Last playback position remembered.
Music and Audiobooks:
- Stream music across your home network, including FLAC files.
- Stream music in the background.
- Play music while browsing photos - great for slideshows.
- Cue up multiple tracks.
- Last playback position remembered - great for audio books.
Out and About:
- Connect to portable WiFi drives to expand your iPad or iPhone’s capacity without limits.
- Connect to your Mac or PC when away from home. See our web site for details.
- We continuously update FileBrowser with new features and improvements.
- User feedback is welcomed and valued.
- No additional software needed on your computer.
FileBrowser is a US$5.99 download from the App Store.