In this podcast, Orinks gives us a walk-through and demonstration of Mixonset, an iOS app that offers to be your smart DJ with support for locally stored music and a number of music streaming services.
Description from the App Store:
Want to have a personal DJ? Try Mixonset. Mix the best part of your favourite songs with smooth transitions on Spotify, Apple Music, TIDAL, SoundCloud Free & local MP3s.
Mixonset - mix the right part of the right song with seamless transitions
Elevate your playlists into beatmatched mixes with Mixonset, your Smart DJ for music streaming. No knowledge or preparation is needed - just connect your favorite music library and start mixing. It’s perfect for all occasions, whether it’s a house party, workout, road trip, or you just love mixes.
Powered by award-winning AI technology, Mixonset helps you Smart Mix, beatmatch, discover and curate music like a DJ. Welcome to the future of streaming.
Mixonset's Smart Mix™ technology uses world-class AI to improve the music experience by doing what a professional DJ does in a DJ set in real-time:
- Queue optimization based on BPM and energy level
- AI identifies the 1-2 minute highlight of each track
- AI crossfades your track seamlessly into the next track
- Crossfade melodies, vocals, drums, bass lines automatically
- Time stretches and pitch shifts
- Beatmatched auto mixes generated by Artificial Intelligence
FILL THE GAPS
- Expand your playlist with boosted music discovery to discover 10 times more
- Choose between adding 20%, 50%, 100% or 300% suggestions
- Fill the gaps suggestions are smart queued
- Create a whole new mixtape from the songs you already love
- Filter songs by energy, BPM and similar artists
- Other filters include: recent songs, offline songs, and filtering out explicit songs
- Instead of a complicated turntable, Mixonset looks and feels like a regular music player with a twist – the purple dot is where the song mixes!
- Orbital Player gives you a taste of the future of music
- Enjoy your mix on set anywhere you go, just plug and play!
- Spotify Premium: Millions of tracks and your favorite playlists (Spotify Premium only)
- TIDAL: Millions of HiFi tracks and your favorite playlists (TIDAL Premium/HiFi only)
- SoundCloud Free: Mix with 200 million tracks with your SoundCloud Free account (Go+ tracks currently unavailable)
- Apple Music: Partial support with incomplete catalogue
- Local Music Library: Mix and beatmatch local tracks
SMART MUSIC LIBRARY
- “Heart” your favorite songs to save them to your Liked Songs
- Find my Vibe to automatically create music mixes
- Create your own custom mixtapes
- Generate and save song radios based on song vibes
- Switch song queues seamlessly
AWARD-WINNING AUDIO ANALYSIS
- BPM and beat detection
- Energy level detection
- Unlimited Highlights: play highlights of every song to enjoy every moment
- Unlimited Discovery: discover more songs everyday - 10x more
- Unlimited Filters: Get unlimited filters to zoom in on what you want to hear
- Smart Switch: seamlessly switch your vibe without interrupting the perfect flow
- Save Your Vibes: save your mixes, merge them together and share with friends
Mixonset is compatible with Apple Silicon Macs.
The optional Mixonset Pro subscription allows you to subscribe once and use Mixonset Pro across your Mac and iOS devices to gain access to all Mixonset Pro features. You can cancel anytime – there is no cancellation fee. Cancel at least 24h before the trial or current billing period ends to avoid renewal charges.
To access songs and playlists from a streaming platform, a supported streaming subscription and a stable internet connection is necessary. Pricing and availability may vary depending on country and currency. Mixonset cannot access tracks from Spotify Free, SoundCloud Go+, and only has limited tracks on Apple Music. Please contact email@example.com for support or for more information.
question about mos.
Hey! Thanks for this! After listening to this, I got this app. I LOVE music and this seems like something I might use, although I have a rather extensive library. I'm ALWAYS looking for new songs and artists. I do have a question though. Can I use the Spotify app like I normally would if I want to? Can I play music from it, like I normally would, and play playlists for example from the Spotify app if I wanted to? Because while there may be times when I want to use this app, there may be times when I just want to play a playlist the old-fashioned way. Thank you in advance! :-)