In this podcast, Thomas Domville demonstrates how in iOS 16 you are now able to recover deleted conversations in the native iOS Messages app. Note that this will only be possible for up to approximately 30 days after the conversation was deleted.
- Open the Messages app and double-tap the Edit button.
- From the menu that appears, double-tap Show Recently Deleted.
- Select at least one conversation.
- Double-tap the Recover button.
- Double-tap Recover Messages from the confirmation dialog.
- Double-tap the Done button.
Alternatively, the VoiceOver rotor can be used to recover or permanently delete a conversation.