In this podcast, Ken Downey gives us a demonstration of Songbird, an iOS app that turns your iPhone into a wind instrument.
The key features of Songbird include:
- Real instrument sounds
- Tap, slide, shake, tilt, blow
- Express music with your whole body
- Play in any key
- Richly satisfying breath response
- Will not feedback in noisy environments
- Plays with iPod/music apps in the background
- Learn songs and music easily with tabs
- Tabs scroll with backing tracks and speed control
- Tasteful reverb and delay settings
- Breath or Touch input
- Extra instruments from around the world available for free
Although certainly not fully accessible, Ken shows how this app can still be used with VoiceOver.