King of Dragon Pass
Description of App
This acclaimed game of magical storytelling blends interactive stories and resource management into an epic saga of conflict, mythology, and community. King of Dragon Pass is set in Glorantha (the world of the games HeroQuest and RuneQuest).
It’s immensely replayable, thanks to nearly 500 interactive scenes and two objectives. Short episodes and automatic saving mean you can play even when you only have a minute or two. The built-in saga writes down the story for you. And advisors with distinctive personalities help you track your cows.
The gorgeous hand-painted artwork won Best Visual Arts at the second annual Independent Games Festival.
- It's like they took the best parts of Civilization games and combined them with the best part of Choose Your Own Adventure style game books. … What I like most about King of Dragon Pass is the seemingly infinite possibilities that the game has. … I can't get enough of King of Dragon Pass. [Touch Arcade]
- A wholly unique adventure that has no equal on the iPhone. [Pocket Gamer]
- An interactive story with a level of complexity and brilliance that's rarely seen in video games. [Gamezebo]
- If you're looking for something new with tons of meat on its bones, enjoy reading well-written text, making moral decisions and managing a growing settlement, then you can do no wrong with King of Dragon Pass. [SmashGuides]
- Challenging and addictive. Best game purchase I've made for the iPhone.
- Above all, KoDP on iOS is *fun*. The game is ideally suited to the portable platform… I can pull it up and play a couple seasons when I'm waiting in line or standing on a train platform.
- If Bioware remade Civilization they'd be lucky to end up half as good as King of Dragon Pass.
- It's impossible to describe the emotional tug you feel when an old and trusted advisor, who you've watched grow from a young upstart, dies of old age. Or when an exploration team disappears into the wilds, never to be heard from again. Or when a cursed clansman, shunned by his peers, sacrifices himself to stop a raid. This game will never leave my iPhone. That's the only accolade possible.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The developer, A-Sharp, has been fantastic in regards to accessibility. I saw a largely unplayable game on September 8TH when it originally came to the App Store, but with some help, the developer was able to make it a very playable game, as it is now.
If anyone has any concerns about accessibility, the interface or anything else, contact the developer @kingdragonpass on Twitter. Another way is by emailing email@example.com. Otherwise, enjoy the game!